Finning Canada Number of Openings:
Join the Finning Canada family, part of the world's largest Caterpillar dealer. We are currently looking for a dedicated Heavy Duty Mechanic Apprentice who will be responsible for the troubleshooting, maintenance and repair of a variety of Caterpillar and other branded power systems products, based out of the Finning Fort St. John, BC location.
This position will work a Monday to Friday (5x2) shift rotation. If you are a safety conscious team player, self-motivated, autonomous, detail-oriented and have started your Heavy Equipment Technician certification, then you are exactly who we are looking for!Job Description:
- Troubleshoot and repair Caterpillar, along with other mechanical equipment, in gas compression, well servicing, and drilling applications
- Assist with a variety of shop repairs and diagnostics as required
- Utilize Caterpillar SIS and ET daily
- Complete technical documentation (service reports, warranty, crossover notes)
- Interact with customers, sales support, and the rest of the Finning team
- Work with the Service Supervisor and Leadhand on various tasks as required
- Willing to work towards Interprovincial Heavy Equipment Technician (HET) Certification
- Gas compression experience would be an asset
- Safety conscious team player with excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills with a high attention to detail
- Completion of Finning S-Levels, Failure Analysis, Machine Electronic Controls, or Tier 4 training would be considered an asset
- Completion of Caterpillar product courses would be considered an asset
- Previous experience with natural gas engines, drilling engines, well servicing equipment, and compressors in a field service setting would be considered an asset
- This position is located out of the Fort St. John, BC location on a Monday to Friday (5x2) shift.
- Candidate selection will be in compliance with the terms of the current collective agreement
W e are committed to diversity at Finning, to building and sustaining a diverse and inclusive workforce and as an equal opportunity employer we encourage applications from all qualified individuals. Finning does not discriminate against applicants based on genders, races, national and ethnic origins, religions, ages, sexual orientation, marital and family status, and/or mental or physical disabilities.
Sales and Marketing