Heavy Duty/Commercial Transport Mechanics: Harvey 1675
Michael Roden, President
Performs maintenance, repair and rebuilding jobs at company shop or at customer’s job site / location in a safe, efficient and capable manner; using the least number of labour hours necessary. Experience with hydraulics and electrical, for repairs and installations on pumping trucks is a deffinate plus, if you are an apprentice.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
1. Performs service tasks as they may be assigned by the service manager or the shop supervisor.
2. Keeps abreast of all changes in various models of equipment sold and serviced by the distributor
3. Reports each service call or repair job at the end of each shift, giving the following information on the work order & requisitions:
a. customer’s name
b. make and model of unit
c. serial number
d. hours worked
e. travel time
f. details of worked performed, problems encountered, time required
g. parts, equipment and supplies used
4. Reports in complete detail as above with regard to warranty situations handled
5. Keeps immediate shop area in which he works in a clean and orderly manner
6. Brings to the attention of the Service Manager / Supervisor any additional work required on a unit
7. Notifies Service Manager / Supervisor if shop equipment or vehicle is not in serviceable condition or constitutes a safety hazard
8. Returns tools to their places at the end of each shift in a clean condition ready for the next use
9. Keeps service bulletins and parts literature current and orderly at all times
10. Conducts himself in the presence of customers in a manner which will retain a good opinion of the company and the service department.
11. Takes advantage of all opportunities to attend schools and training sessions in order to upgrade technical competence.
12. Uses company equipment, vehicles, tools, supplies, etc., in a safe, responsible manner.
13. Completes all required paperwork (work orders, requisitions, service call reports, etc.) completely and legibly as required.
14. Advises superiors of all changes within his responsibility which can affect company success
15. Accountable to Service Manager / Supervisor for proper interpretation and fulfillment of responsibilities
16. Performs other duties as prescribed by the Service Manager / Supervisor from time to time.
All levels of management
Ability to interpret a variety of instruction furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form – including hydraulic/electrical and other schematics/drawings, parts/service manuals, etc.
Able to safely operate a fork-lift, pallet jack, engine hoist, and other mechanical aids
Must have adequate organizational skills and pay close attention to detail
Must be able to deal effectively with repetitive tasks
Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions form, individuals or groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public
Operates with minimal supervision and may exercise independent judgment in completing assignments.
Able to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, supervisors and the general public
Able to maintain regular consistent and professional attendance, punctuality, personal appearance and adherence to relevant health & safety procedures.
Method of Measurement:
The satisfaction of customers with service performed.
Performance of the responsibilities as set forth in this job description.
Results of training initiatives.
The quality of performance, efficiency and safety.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities however this position does provide guidance to staff members and coordination with outside vendors & customers.
Service Technician/Field Service Technician – requires journeyman ticket in Commercial Transport or Heavy Duty Mechanics, along with 2+ years of experience at the journeyman level or equivalent combination of training and experience; must be comfortable with hydraulics and electrical troubleshooting; must have established safety; must have valid Class 3 with air.
Apprentice/Jr Service Technician – requires completion level 1, 2, or 3 of apprenticeship program for Commercial Transport or Heavy Duty Mechanic, Must have valid driver license, preferably with air brake endorsement.
Shop Helper – requires 6 months to 2 years’ experience in a shop setting; may include completion of pre-apprenticeship training in Commercial Transport or Heavy Duty Mechanic; or equivalent combination of training and experience. Must have valid drivers’ license, preferably with air endorsement.
This is a fulltime position
Salary of $28.00 to $32.00 per hour
Plus benefits, depending on experience.
Connect with employer:
About MountainCrest Personnel Inc.
MountainCrest Personnel Inc. is a contract placement agency that specializes in engineering and manufacturing for contract, contract to full-time or full time placements.