Heavy Civil Construction Proposals Manager Harvey 2023
The Heavy Civil Construction Proposals Manager is responsible for managing the development and submission of world class proposals from concept through presentation to the customer. The Proposals Manager must identify the resources required to complete a proposal and manage the process so that internal and customer timeframes are met. The Proposals Manager will work within our companies Group policies and standards and contribute to the development of best practices within companies Group. The proposal shall meet the requirements of the customer and companies best practices and clearly define the scope of work and services to both the client and the internal execution group. The proposal shall be prepared in a timely manner to comply with internal review requirements and customer requirements.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
Particular tasks and responsibilities include:
- Review/analyze in-bound proposal requests (such as RFP, RFQ, EOI, Pre-qualifications, etc.) and initiate the bid/no-bid review.
- Upon the “bid” decision, develop the proposal plan identifying proposal budget, resources and timeline.
- Work with the Business Unit Operations, Business Development Managers, and Commercial/Risk Team to prepare a proposal plan that meets the objectives of the proposal budget and timeline.
- Review the inquiry documents and develop a structure for the proposal which addresses technical, financial, schedule, or any other unusual risks associated with the proposal, and special requirements.
- Coordinate and lead proposal meetings, such as strategy sessions, risk reviews and technical reviews. Prepare necessary materials to facilitate meetings.
- Establish a document management system for the distribution and development of inquiry documents and proposal materials.
- Manage the input from departments (Engineering, Estimating, Contract Administration, Construction, Legal, etc.) as required to prepare the proposal.
- Primary responsibility for preparation/review of the proposal write-ups.
- Ensure RFQ’s for suppliers and subcontractors incorporate all relevant customer requirements, co-ordinate RFQ/RFP processes.
- Maintain the knowledge data base for approved company vendors, estimating methods, as well as, project execution procedures, reference projects, capability statements etc.
- Ensure that all final products are clear, compelling, and fully comply with all proposal requirements of the customer.
- Clearly define the Scope of Work and Services offered to the Customer and identify any clarifications or exceptions to the Customer’s inquiry.
- Act as a subject matter expert to ensure proper proposal procedures and processes are followed and all proposal submittals are in compliance with company and government regulations.
- Obtain feedback from projects for “lessons learned” to incorporate in future proposals.
- Prepare and lead the Proposal Turnover meeting with supporting documentation.
- Contribute to management of corporate proposal resource libraries, including resumes, project descriptions, and proposal archives.
- Focus on continuous improvement for proposal writing results by evaluating and re-designing processes, approaches, coordination, and boilerplates.
Education and Experience Required:
The Proposals Manager shall possess the following minimum education and work experience:
- B.S. Engineering degree, Technical Diploma, or equivalent work experience.
- Five years of industry experience with a minimum of three years in project engineering/project management or process engineering.
- Working knowledge and experience with preparation of budgets, schedules, and cost estimates.
- The Proposals Manager shall possess the following skills:
- Organizational skills and time management, project management.
- Effective communication skills both written and verbal for interface with Clients and coworkers.
- Able to work in a team environment (Engineering, Purchasing, Estimating, Construction, etc.), motivate compliance with processes and timelines.
- Customer-focused in defining quality and establishing priorities.
- Have an excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to perform comfortably in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented work environment and successfully execute many tasks simultaneously, with the ability to work extra hours if needed to meet deadlines.
- Ability to manage time and deal with multiple issues, including shifting priorities and schedules.
- Effective computer skills: Microsoft Office Software and other Company and discipline specific software skills. Microsoft Projects, presentation skills, meeting management.
Location of Employment:
The Proposals Manager will be based out of the companies Group Head Office in North Vancouver, British Columbia and work with each Business Unit across Canada. It should be expected that some travel may be required. Applicants must hold a valid passport and be legally permitted to work in Canada.
This is a fulltime position
Salary is open depending on experience
Excellent benefits package available.