Healthcare Security Officers
Reference ID: 292661
Law Enforcement and Security
Paladin Security was established in 1976 as a provider of basic Security Officer services. From modest beginnings with four employees and one contract, Paladin has grown into one of the largest security companies in Canada, with 25 offices from coast to coast and over 10,000 employees. With our award-winning culture, we pride ourselves in fostering a learning environment as we believe in helping each of our employees grow and reach their full potential!
Job Skills / Requirements
If you are looking to gain experience in the exciting world of Healthcare in Canada, then this is the role for you!
For more details on what a day in the life of a Healthcare Security Guard looks like, check out the Insight to the World of Healthcare and documentary that Paladin Security was featured in:
As an essential member of the Healthcare team, the Healthcare Security Guard's role is to help provide a safe and secure environment to support the delivery of excellent patient care. A Healthcare Security Guard's primary role is to ensure the security and the safety of staff, patients, physicians and others on the site, while also protecting property and information.
Routine activities will include interior and exterior facility patrols, assisting the public with information on the facility and reporting safety hazards. You will also be required to respond to varied emergencies such as fire alarms, incidents of aggression, and bomb threats, amongst others, to which you will receive pertinent training.
TYPICAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure the security of the site and the safety of the public, staff and others on site.
- Demonstrates an understanding and commitment to Paladin's comprehensive safety programs and practices including staff safety, patient safety and environmental safety. Undertake available training to maintain a high standard of professional development.
- Utilize two-way radio and computer applications for communicating site activities.
- Patrol interior and exterior of facility, as assigned, to ensure personal, building, and equipment security.
- Watch for and report irregularities, such as security breaches, facility and safety hazards, and emergency situations; contact emergency responders, such as police, fire, and/or ambulance personnel, as required.
- Provide up-to-date and accurate verbal and/or written reports on all site activity and incidents that occur.
- Monitor and screen visitors, preventing unauthorized entry; be confident and composed when resolving disruptions.
- Sustain effective relationships with key stakeholders and provide specialized security services according to client needs.
- Based on specific site posting, log and report all incidents reported by hospital staff, physicians, patients or visitors.
- Offer support to any person in need of assistance.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Excellent English communication skills, both verbal and written
- Basic computer proficiency
- Proven leadership and conflict management skills will ensure your success in this role.
- Must possess sound observation, decision making and problem solving skills, as well as the ability to respond effectively in crisis situations.
- Knowledge of or ability to learn security procedures and non-defensive communication in aggressive situations.
- Ability to lead, plan, organize, and problem solve.
- Demonstrated commitment to customer service when dealing with patients, colleagues, volunteers and other members of the community and public.
- Working knowledge of appropriate legislation and provincial/national standards on fire safety, building codes, security, and protection of privacy.
- Ability to handle stressful and delicate situations with tact and diplomacy.
- Ability to demonstrate professionalism in all situations.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Must be able to travel to Vancouver or Burnaby for work.
- One year experience in the security industry or related field.
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills.
- Superior customer service skills.
- Must possess a High School Diploma, or equivalent. An additional diploma/degree/certificate in criminology or a law-enforcement related study would be considered an asset.
- Flexibility to work at a variety of different sites and rotating shifts (afternoons/nights/weekends)
- Must be able to pass a security clearance.
- Must meet all minimum requirements for a BC security license.
- Basic Security Training, OFA I, or CPI training would be considered an asset, however will be provided to successful applicants.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
Additional Information / Benefits
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those candidates that are short listed will be contacted for an interview.
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Paid Vacation, Long Term Disability, Special Incentive Plans
Screening Requirements: Criminal Background Check
This is a Full and Part-Time position
Posted: March 10, 2018
Closes:May 9, 2018