Healthcare Security Officer
Reference ID: 158553
Law Enforcement and Security
Paladin Security Group is the security company of choice amongst some of the most respected institutions in the country, protecting the public and government facilities. We are committed to offering the best employment and career development opportunities in the security industry because we want the very best and brightest people our industry has to offer.
Job Skills / Requirements
As an essential member of the Healthcare team, the Healthcare Security Officer's role is to help provide a safe and secure environment to support the delivery of excellent patient care. A Healthcare Security Officers primary role is to ensure the security and the safety of staff, patients, physicians and others on the site, while also protecting property and information.
Routine activities will include interior and exterior facility patrols, assisting the public with information on the facility and reporting safety hazards. You will also be required to respond to varied emergencies such as fire alarms, incidents of aggression, and bomb threats, amongst others, to which you will receive pertinent training.
Successful candidates in this role will enjoy working with the public, have strong conflict management skills, a keen sense of observation, the ability to act with tact and diplomacy, and most of all the ability to handle stressful situations with ease.
- Must possess a High School Diploma. An additional diploma/degree/certificate in criminology or a law-enforcement related study would be considered an asset.
- Flexibility to work a variety of rotating shifts (afternoons/nights/weekends).
- Must be bondable and able to pass a security clearance.
- Must be 19 years old and meet all other minimum requirements for a security license in BC.
- Basic Security Training, OFA I, or CPI training would be considered an asset, however will be provided to successful applicants.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Strong command of the English language, both written and oral.
- Some computer proficiency.
- Perform other duties as required and/or requested.
Education Requirements (Any)
High School Diploma / GED
Additional Information / Benefits
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those applicants that are short listed will be contacted for an interview.
All LICENSED officers hired during the month of DECEMBER & JANUARY will receive a $250 cash bonus after completing their 3 month probationary period.
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Paid Holidays
Screening Requirements: Criminal Background Check
This job reports to the Area Security Lead
This is a Full-Time position 1st Shift, 2nd Shift, 3rd Shift, Weekends.
Relocation is not required and travel is not required
Posted: December 5, 2016
Closes:February 3, 2017