Healthcare Security Officer (Licensing Bonus!)
Reference ID: 329277
Paladin Security was established in 1976 as a provider of basic Security Officer services. From modest beginnings with four employees and one contract, Paladin has grown into one of the largest security companies in Canada, with 25 offices from coast to coast and over 10,000 employees. With our award-winning culture, we pride ourselves in fostering a learning environment as we believe in helping each of our employees grow and reach their full potential!
Job Skills / Requirements
This position will expose Healthcare Security hopefuls to the exciting world of Healthcare Security. As an essential member of the Healthcare team the Healthcare Security Officer's role is to help provide a safe and secure environment to support the delivery of excellent patient care. A Healthcare Security Officers primary role is to ensure the security and the safety of staff, patients, physicians and others on the site while also protecting property and information.
Routine activities will include interior and exterior facility patrols, assisting the public with information on the facility and reporting safety hazards. You will also be required to respond to varied emergencies such as fire alarms, incidents of aggression and bomb threats amongst others to which you will receive pertinent training.
-Ensure the security of the site and the safety of the public, staff and others on site.
- Demonstrates an understanding and commitment to Paladin's comprehensive safety programs and practices including staff safety, patient safety and environmental safety. Undertake available training to maintain a high standard of professional development.
- Utilize two-way radio and computer applications for communicating site activities.
- Watch for and report irregularities, such as security breaches, facility and safety hazards, and emergency situations; contact emergency responders such as police, fire, and/or ambulance personnel as required.
- Monitor and screen visitors preventing unauthorized entry; be confident and composed when resolving disruptions.
- Sustain effective relationships with key stakeholders and provide specialized security services according to client needs.
-Physical ability to perform the tasks of the role, including patrolling and standing for extended periods of time.
-Proven skills in the areas of verbal and written communication, along with basic computer skills are necessary.
- Ability to handle stressful and delicate situation with tact and diplomacy and able to demonstrate professionalism in all situation.
- Prior experience in a security and/or customer service role
- Must be able to pass a security clearance and meet all minimum requirements for a BC Security License
- Must posses a High School Diploma or equivalent
- Ability to write comprehensive reports and maintain proper records using effective communication skills
- Basic knowledge of security procedures, handling violent behaviors, and non-defensive communication.
- Flexibility to work at a variety of different shifts (afternoon/nights/weekends)
- For a limited time, if you are hired before December 1st and hold a valid BC Security Worker Licence, you will be eligible to receive a $250 hiring bonus upon successful completion of your 3 month probation
Education Requirements (Any)
High School Diploma/GED
Additional Information / Benefits
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those applicants that are short listed will be contacted for an interview.
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Paid Vacation, Paid Holidays
Screening Requirements: Criminal Background Check
This job reports to the Area Security Lead, Chris Boyetchko
This is a Part-Time position Casual/On-Call.
Number of Openings for this position: 2
Posted: December 10, 2018
Closes: February 8, 2019