HEALTHCARE - Security
Reference ID: 262055
Law Enforcement and Security
Paladin Security Group is the security company of choice amongst some of the most respected institutions in the country, protecting the public and government facilities. We are committed to offering the best employment and career development opportunities in the security industry because we want the very best and brightest people our industry has to offer.
Job Skills / Requirements
POSITION TITLE: Healthcare Security Officer
DEPARTMENT: Paladin Security Group Ltd.
REPORTS TO: Area Security Lead
LOCATION: Cranbrook, BC
This position will expose Healthcare Security hopefuls to the exciting world of Healthcare Security. As an essential member of the Healthcare team, the Healthcare Security Officer's role is to help provide a safe and secure environment to support the delivery of excellent patient care. A Healthcare Security Officers primary role is to ensure the security and the safety of staff, patients, physicians and others on the site, while also protecting property and information.
Routine activities will include interior and exterior facility patrols, assisting the public with information on the facility and reporting safety hazards. You will also be required to respond to varied emergencies such as fire alarms, incidents of aggression, and bomb threats, amongst others, to which you will receive pertinent training.
TYPICAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure the security of the site and the safety of the public, staff and others on site.
- Demonstrates an understanding and commitment to Paladin's comprehensive safety programs and practices including staff safety, patient safety and environmental safety. Undertake available training to maintain a high standard of professional development.
- Utilize two-way radio and computer applications for communicating site activities.
- Patrol interior and exterior of facility, as assigned, to ensure personal, building, and equipment security.
- Watch for and report irregularities, such as security breaches, facility and safety hazards, and emergency situations; contact emergency responders, such as police, fire, and/or ambulance personnel, as required.
- Provide up-to-date and accurate verbal and/or written reports on all site activity and incidents that occur.
- Monitor and screen visitors, preventing unauthorized entry; be confident and composed when resolving disruptions.
- Sustain effective relationships with key stakeholders and provide specialized security services according to client needs.
- Based on specific site posting, log and report all incidents reported by hospital staff, physicians, patients or visitors.
- Offer support to any person in need of assistance.
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Proven skills in the areas of verbal and written communication, along with basic computer skills are necessary.
- Proven leadership and conflict management skills will ensure your success in this role.
- Must possess sound observation, decision making and problem solving skills, as well as the ability to respond effectively in crisis situations.
- Knowledge of or ability to learn security procedures and non-defensive communication in aggressive situations.
- Ability to lead, plan, organize, and problem solve.
- Demonstrated commitment to customer service when dealing with patients, colleagues, volunteers and other members of the community and public.
- Working knowledge of appropriate legislation and provincial/national standards on fire safety, building codes, security, and protection of privacy.
- Ability to handle stressful and delicate situations with tact and diplomacy.
- Ability to demonstrate professionalism in all situations.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- One year experience in the security industry or related field.
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills.
- Demonstrated superior customer service skills.
- Must possess a High School Diploma. An additional diploma/degree/certificate in criminology or a law-enforcement related study would be considered an asset.
- Flexibility to work at a variety of different sites and rotating shifts (afternoons/nights/weekends)
- Must be bondable and able to pass a security clearance.
- Must be 19 years old and meet all other minimum requirements for a security license in the Province.
- Basic Security Training, OFA I, or CPI training would be considered an asset, however will be provided to successful applicants.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
All interested applicants are required to apply online at www.paladinsecurity.com/careers. Only those applicants who are short-listed for the position will be contacted for an interview.
Additional Information / Benefits
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those applicants that are short listed will be contacted for an interview.
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance
Screening Requirements: Criminal Background Check
This job reports to the Spencer Yu ASL
This is a Full and Part-Time position
Number of Openings for this position: 1
Posted: September 15, 2017
Closes:September 30, 2017