Health Unit Clerk
Radiation Therapy, BC Cancer Vancouver, $23.51 per hour What you'll do
What you bring
- Receive written or electronic orders for treatment planning from Radiation Oncologists and other caregivers; schedule and book appointments via the computerized system; communicate appointment information to patients, hospitals and others.
- Process doctor's orders by completing requisitions for tests or services, arranging appointments, and obtaining test results.
- Perform reception duties. Receive and direct patients and families, provide information and instructions; answer telephone calls from patients, doctors or hospital staff, take and transmit messages, and provide information such as start of treatment date, or outline of procedure. Refer problems to appropriate leader or physician.
- Arrange to have all required information available prior to appointment by arranging for and acquiring electronic or paper documents such as charts, film records, and test results from internal and external resources.
What's in it for you
- Completion of Grade 12
- Medical terminology
- Graduation from a recognized Nursing Unit Clerk Program
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That's why we're focused on your care too - offering health, wellness, development programs to support you - at work and at home.
- Join one of BC's largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations - offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to more than 2,000 in-house training programs.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan.
- 12 annual statutory holidays with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- Perks include onsite fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
Wage: $23.51 per hour
600 West 10th Avenue, Vancouver
Until position is filled
Monday to Friday; 0830 - 1630
What we do
BC Cancer (bccancer.bc.ca) provides comprehensive cancer control for the people of British Columbia.
Provincial Health Services Authority ( PHSA ) plans, coordinates and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people - Be compassionate - Dare to innovate - Cultivate partnerships - Serve with purpose. Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA is committed to employment equity and hires on the basis of merit, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, backgrounds and experiences, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.
Labor Agreement Facilities Subsector Requisition # RT_HUC_BCC-2330954 Work Site 601 Broadway W Job Type Casual, Part-Time Salary/Rate $23.51 / Hour FTE 0.01 Hours of Work Rotating Work Days Rotating Expiry Date