Health Unit Clerk
Radiation Therapy Unit, BC Cancer Victoria, $23.98 per hour What you'll do
1. Process written doctors' orders by:
- Completing requisitions for tests or services.
- Using the multi-resource scheduling system to book tests or services with the appropriate departments, rebooking if absence of doctor requires this; booking return appointments.
- Booking special clinic appointments, conferences and consultations.
- Distributing appointment lists and completing and forwarding documentation according to procedure.
- Recording booking information via computer terminal.
2. Gather relevant patient information for clinic appointments by:
- Requesting charts from Patient Information Management requesting x-rays and charts as necessary.
- Requesting reports, slides and films from outside doctors, hospitals, clinics and diagnostic labs.
3. Act as a receptionist by directing patients, visitors and staff to the appropriate areas.
4. Answer the telephone and when appropriate, respond to routine inquiries; relay verbal and written messages.
5. Arrange for escort services, portering and delivery of services as required. What you bring
What's in it for you
- Graduation from a recognized Nursing Unit Clerk program.
- Grade 12
- Medical terminology.
- Ability to type 45 WPM.
- Minimum one (1) year's recent, related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That's why we're focused on your care too - offering health, wellness, development programs to support you - at work and at home.
- Join one of BC's largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations - offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to more than 2,000 in-house training programs.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan.
- 12 annual statutory holidays with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- Perks include onsite fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
Wage: $23.98 per hour
2410 Lee Avenue, Victoria
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Monday to Friday; Daytime Hours (as per operational requirements)
Requisition Number: 91534 What we do
BC Cancer bccancer.bc.ca provides comprehensive cancer control for the people of British Columbia.
Provincial Health Services Authority ( PHSA ) plans, coordinates and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people - Be compassionate - Dare to innovate - Cultivate partnerships - Serve with purpose. Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA is committed to employment equity and hires on the basis of merit, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, backgrounds and experiences, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.
Labor Agreement Requisition # 91534-2336624 Work Site Job Type Casual, Part-Time FTE 0.01 Hours of Work Work Days Expiry Date