BC CancerAbbotsford, $23.98 per hour Efficiently and accurately handle clerical functions, helping us provide "excellence in health, every time."
In this role, you will maintain patient records, transcribe and process physician orders, call in relief staff, requisition supplies and handle reception duties. In this role, you will:
- Transcribe physician orders for laboratory tests, medications, diagnostic tests, treatments, and surgical pre- and post-operative procedures
- Set up, maintain and complete patient charts, recording information such as weight, temperature, pulse, respiration and lab test results in charts or other records as directed; attach documents such as laboratory and special examination reports to charts after review by authorized staff
- Take staff calls regarding illness / absence and relay information to the unit(s) and appropriate personnel; call in relief staff according to guidelines and refer issues to the supervisor; maintain relief staff contact list information and related records; maintain staff timekeeping records for staff and submit to payroll
- Receive patients, visitors and others; answer queries
- Type, answer the telephone, requisition supplies and maintain records such as time sheets and census information
- Performs other related duties as assigne
- Graduated from a recognized Nursing Unit Clerk program
- Grade 12
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
If this sounds like you, apply now! About Us BC Cancer
- Keyboard 40 w.p.m
- Communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Deal with others effectively
- Physically carry out the duties
- Organize work
- Operate related equipment.
- Use related computer software applications
( www.bccancer.bc.ca ) is part of the Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA). PHSA provides specialized health services to British Columbians, including cancer care, organ transplantation, pediatrics, emergency services, mental health and substance use services.Our values reflect our commitment to excellence
and include:Respect people - Be compassionate - Dare to innovate
-Cultivate partnerships - Serve with purpose.
Learn more about PHSA and our programs: https://jobs.phsa.ca/family-brands
We hire on the basis of merit and encourage all qualified applicants to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, backgrounds and experiences. We strive to create a safe and welcoming environment where everyone can come to work and be their best, authentic self.
ATTN: PHSA Employees:
- Casual Opportunities
- Wage: $23.98 per hour
- Monday to Friday; Daytime Hours
32900 Marshall Rd, Abbotsford, BC V2S 0C2
To be considered as a PHSA employee (internal applicant) for this position, you must apply online via your internal profile at http://internaljobs.phsa.ca
Please note the internal job posting has expired, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk and advise that you would like to be considered as a late internal applicant for this position. Please do not apply for the external job posting.
If you have not registered your internal profile, a temporary password is required to log in for the first time. To obtain your temporary password, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk at 604-875-7264 or 1-855-875-7264. Please note regular business hours are Monday - Friday (excluding stats), 8:30am to 4:30pm. For inquiries outside of regular business hours, please email the Internal Jobs Help Desk at email@example.com
and a Help Desk Representative will contact you the next business day.