Health Records Analyst
The Health Records Analyst performs and organizes special work assignments and projects. Collects, analyzes and interprets data for research, operational, quality improvement and educational activities. Provides feedback regarding data quality on the information captured in the Agency's Patient Information System. What you'll do
What you bring
- As directed, perform and organize special work assignments and projects which support the Department and/or assigned area in development, implementation and evaluation of policies and operations and ensure the objectives of the assignments/projects are met.
- Using available software, performs data capture and retrieval from the Information System for research and statistical analysis for clinical, epidemiological and administrative purposes.
- Determine the data requirements for specific projects and coordinate the data capture activities according to the study protocol or project specifications.
- Determine data quality by analyzing the accuracy and completeness of data fields captured on the patient information component of the database.
- Recommend solutions to problems identified.
- Assist in education of the data clients by explaining the data and participating in transformation of data into information.
- Report assigned information to sources such as other departments and outside organizations, following established time schedules.
- Completion of a recognized Health Records Administration program, with active membership in the Canadian College of Health Record Administrators at the Certificate level.
- Two (2) years recent related experience, including one (1) year experience in data retrieval, manipulation and presentation or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience acceptable to the Agency.
You have demonstrated:
What we bring
- Ability to perform data capture, management, retrieval and analysis using an automated information system.
- Ability to operate Windows based software packages including word processing, spreadsheet, database and query software.
- Ability to work independently and prioritize work.
- Interpersonal skills, including the ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing, with all levels of staff.
- Skills in CPR techniques.
- Commitment to upholding the shared responsibility of creating lasting and meaningful reconciliation in Canada as per TRC (2015) and BC's Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples Act (2019).
- Knowledge of social, economic, political and historical realities impacting indigenous communities and familiarity with Indigenous Cultural Safety and anti-racism and accompanying reports (BC DRIPA, TRC, etc.).
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That's why we're focused on your care too - offering health, wellness, development programs to support you - at work and at home.
Job Type: Regular, Full-Time Wage: $34.24 - $42.77 per hour. Location: 601 W Broadway, Vancouver, BC V5Z 4C2
- Join one of BC's largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations - offering vast opportunities for growth, development, and recognition programs that honour the commitment and contribution of all employees.
- Access to professional development opportunities through our in-house training programs, including +2,000 courses, such as our San'yas Indigenous Cultural Safety Training course, or Core Linx for Leadership roles.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan, and psychological health & safety programs and holistic wellness resources.
- Annual statutory holidays (13) with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- PHSA is a remote work friendly employer, welcoming flexible work options to support our people (eligibility may vary, depending on position).
- Access to WorkPerks, a premium discount program offering a wide range of local and national discounts on electronics, entertainment, dining, travel, wellness, apparel, and more.
Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
Hours of Work: Monday to Friday; 0830-1630
Requisition # 157424E As per the current Public Health Order, full vaccination against COVID-19 is a condition of employment with PHSA as of October 26, 2021. What we do
BC Cancer provides comprehensive cancer control for the people of British Columbia.
BC Cancer is part of the Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA).
( PHSA ) plans, manages and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people - Be compassionate - Dare to innovate - Cultivate partnerships - Serve with purpose.
Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA and BC Cancer are committed to employment equity, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, background and experience, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.
Reconciliation is an ongoing process and a shared responsibility for all of us. The BC Governments' unanimous passage of the Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples Act was a significant step forward in this journey-one that all health authorities are expected to support as we work in cooperation with Indigenous Peoples to establish a clear and sustainable path to lasting reconciliation. True reconciliation will take time and ongoing commitment to work with Indigenous Peoples as they move toward self-determination. Guiding these efforts Crown agencies must remain focused on creating opportunities that implement the Truth and Reconciliation Commission Mandate. ATTN: PHSA Employees:
To be considered as a PHSA employee (internal applicant) for this position, you must apply online via your internal profile at
Please note the internal job posting will no longer be accessible after the expiry date of December 28, 2023
. If the internal job posting has expired, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk and advise that you would like to be considered as a late internal applicant for this position. Please do not apply for the external job posting.
If you have not registered your internal profile, a password is required to log in for the first time. To obtain your password, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk at 604-875-7264 or 1-855-875-7264
. Please note regular business hours are Monday - Friday (excluding stats), 8:30am to 4:30pm. For inquiries outside of regular business hours, please email the Internal Jobs Help Desk at email@example.com
and a Help Desk Representative will contact you the next business day.