Be a part of the fastest growing hospitality company in British Columbia as recognized by Business in Vancouver. We look to promote and encourage individuals to maximize their potential. With over 20 businesses in the Fraser Valley including Public Houses, Restaurants, a Winery, a Boutique Hotel, and a catering company there is overwhelming opportunity to set your own career path. Advancement is performance based and our culinary culture is one of professionalism, humour and humility and our kitchens are spaces to inspire cooks to be chefs.
DESCRIPTION & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Reporting to the Regional Chef, the Head Chef is responsible for all day to day culinary operations in the kitchen. Working closely with the General manager and front of house management team to ensure smooth service while maintaining a clean, safe, and profitable environment. This is a full-time salaried position.
- Maintain high level food quality and presentation
- Manage inventory levels and food cost
- Maintain culinary team schedule
- Hire, train and develop each culinary team member
- Hold brief professional development review with each store level team member daily
- Bi- weekly environmental audit
- Complete a weekly profit review
- Meet food and labour cost targets set by Regional Chef
- Attend store level management meeting
- Attend regional chef meeting
- Monthly review & check-in with direct report
- Complete a sequential 90-day plan
- Review secret shop reports
- Work in partnership with General Manager on promotional initiatives to increase revenue
- Inspire a professional culinary culture
- Minimum 1-year experience in the restaurant/culinary industry
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to multitask under pressure
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of the business including evenings and weekends
- Energetic team player with a positive can-do attitude
- Food Safe Level 1 Certification
- Occupational Health & Safety Level 1
- Competitive within the industry and based on experience
- Signing bonus after a 3-month probationary period
- Salaried employees are eligible for medical and dental benefits after a 3-month probationary period
The Joseph Richard Group is a collection of unique hospitality ventures owned by André "Joseph" Bourque and Ryan "Richard" Moreno. Our team operates 25 establishments together, constantly fine-tuning our concepts according to the needs of our guests. What sets us apart is our dedication to the Guest Experience; an unwavering commitment to exceptional service, top quality offerings, and a team of like-minded people.
Creating memorable experiences for all guests through the best people, product, service, and environments.
Hospitality and Tourism Restaurants and Food Service