First Transit operates in over 242 locations, carrying more than 300 million passengers annually throughout the United States in 39 states, Puerto Rico, U.S. Virgin Islands, and 4 Canadian provinces.
We currently have openings for casual, on call handyDART drivers.RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Comply with Safety & Health regulations in the workplace
• Must enjoy interacting with the public
• Adhere to all First Canada policies and procedures
• Maintain a clean and professional appearance and demeanor
• Previous Transit or handyDART experience not required, we will trainEXPERIENCE & KNOWLEDGE:
• Hold a valid Driver's License
• A willingness to work a variety of shifts
• Have a clean, "No Contraventions" Driver's Abstract
• A good general knowledge of the demographics of the service area
• Be able to pass vulnerable sector records check
• Be able to pass drug and alcohol testingWORKING CONDITIONS:
• Transit environment: early, split & late shifts may be required
• Transporting passengers in a cutaway style bus.
• Able to push clients in wheelchairs up ramps.
We aspire to have a culture where all people are First. We strive to attract and retain a diverse workforce therefore all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment. We encourage applications from women, persons with a disability, Indigenous peoples and members of a visible minority. First is an equal opportunity employer and by doing so we will sustain and promote an inclusive culture that supports future growthfor all. First is committed to providing reasonable accommodation at all stages of the hiring process and encourage all applicants who may require such accommodation to let us know.
Maintenance and Technicians