Hands-on Maintenance Lead (Manager) – Annacis Island, BC
Location: Annacis Island, BC
Experience: Millwright background with supervisory hands-on experience
Do you have a mechanical maintenance (millwright) background and at least 2 years of supervisory experience? Do you like hands-on work and thinking outside the box? If so, we are currently hiring for a Hands-on Maintenance Supervisor on Annacis Island, BC for a large manufacturing company. This role is ideal for those who are looking to lead the way and continue working on the tools. Implement and shape a new maintenance program - apply today!
This role offers the opportunity to work under a large and stable parent company that has multiple manufacturing companies operating under it. There is room for growth and the ability to move to other companies.
This company has been in business for over 20 years and is has a passionate team focused on quality. Due to the focus on quality and safety, this location is looking for like-minded individuals.
Reporting to the Plant Manager, this individual will be an integral part of the operations and will be responsible for:
- Supervising and mentoring the maintenance crew
- Working closely with the operations and maintenance team and being “hands-on”
- Fostering a culture of safety
- Developing a preventative maintenance program that will ensure the plant is running at optimal levels
- Ensuring that maintenance schedule is effective
- Help with ensuring maintenance equipment is running in order to minimize downtime
- Must have a mechanical maintenance background (Red Seal Millwright preferred)
- Must be willing to work on the tools to help out (this is not just an office job)
- Must have worked in a food production facility or a facility that has very high health standards
- 2 years of supervisory experience
- Experience scheduling and planning facility maintenance
- Experience implementing a maintenance program
- Experience with Microsoft Office
- Leadership training
- First Aid Training
- Engineering background
- Project management
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
- 60-63,000 per year
- 2-3 weeks of vacation
- Dental, Extended Medical, Paid MSP and company share purchase plan
SHIFTS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- This role will require the occasional call into the plant at random/odd hours to assist with breakdowns
- Ability to set your own shift during the week days dependent on the work. However, there will be Saturday work required.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please reply with a Microsoft Word version of your resume to: [email protected]
, or visit www.impactrecruitment.ca
to apply online. If you would like to speak with us directly regarding this role, please contact for more information.
Privacy and confidentiality are important to us; as such all applications are kept strictly confidential. We will not share your information with anyone without your prior approval. While we will only be considering qualified applicants for this particular role, if you are interested in pursuing an alternate career path, we would certainly be happy to speak with you about opportunities that fit your profile.
Posted: September 13, 2017
Closes:November 12, 2017