H NURSE 4 - Psychiatric Nurse - Closing Date Extended Position Classification
Nurse 4 (H) Union
BCN Work Options
Burnaby, BC V3J 1N3 CA (Primary)Salary Range
$65,874.70 - $86,463.07 annually Close Date
1/12/2024 Job Type
Regular Full Time Temporary End Date Ministry/Organization
BC Public Service -> Children & Family Development Ministry Branch / Division
Youth Forensic Psychiatric Services Job Summary An exciting opportunity to make a difference to the lives of BC's youth!
Youth Forensic Psychiatric Services (YFPS) is mandated to provide inpatient and outpatient Court-ordered and Court-related assessment and treatment services to young persons pursuant to the Youth Criminal Justice Act as well as other relevant federal and provincial statutes. YFPS also provides services to young persons found unfit to stand trial and those youth found not criminally responsible due to a mental disorder (NCRMD), pursuant to the Criminal Code of Canada.
Services are provided through outpatient clinics and contracted service providers located throughout the province. There is an inpatient assessment unit (IAU), located in Burnaby and regional outpatient clinics located in Burnaby, Langley, Vancouver, Victoria, Nanaimo, Prince George, Kamloops and Kelowna which service the five macro regions of the North, the Interior, Vancouver Island, South Burnaby and the Lower Mainland.
Assessment and treatment services for youth may include treatment services for: youth who may have committed violent or sexual offences; youth who have offended and are experiencing mental health, behavioural, drug and/or alcohol addictions problems; and youth in custody facilities who are in need of mental health services.
Under direction of the Shift Supervisor or Nurse In-Charge, provides nursing care and prepares detailed written nursing assessments for residents, within a security oriented, adolescent forensic psychiatric unit. Inpatient residents are remanded in custody by the courts for inpatient psychiatric and/or psychological assessment.Job Requirements:
- Registered or eligible for registration with the BC College of Nurses & Midwives (BCCNM).
- Current CPR certification.
Preference may be given for:
- One (1) or more years of experience working in residential youth care, security, mental health or forensic psychiatric related work OR an equivalent combination of experience, education and/or training may be considered.
- Crisis Intervention and Physical Restraint (CIPR) training OR an equivalent combination of experience, education and/or training may be considered.
Please refer to the Job Profile for the full list of willingness/ proviso requirements.
For questions regarding this position, please contact Rishma.Sharma@gov.bc.ca About this Position:
Amendment November 22, 2023: Posting closing date extended to January 12, 2024.
There are four (4) vacancies available:
- Two (2) regular full-time vacancies
- Two (2) Auxiliary As and When vacancies. Successful applicants will be required to be on call - which involves working days (0700-1500), evenings (1500-2300), and nights (2300-0700). The hours of work may be between 4 hours to 7.5 hours a shift, up to 35 hours a week. Availability will be negotiated through the Program Manager.
These are shift work positions, and the successful applicants will be required to work a combination of day shifts, evening shifts, and/or night shifts. For full-time employees, you will also be expected to work a rotating schedule based on operational requirements.
These positions have full time on-site requirements.
An eligibility list may be established to fill future temporary and permanent vacancies.
Employees of the BC Public Service must be located in BC at the time of employment.Working for the BC Public Service:
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
The Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service is available to applicants that self-identify as Indigenous (First Nations, status or non-status, Métis, or Inuit) seeking work or already employed in the BC Public Service. For guidance on applying and interviewing, please contact IndigenousApplicants@gov.bc.ca
The BC Public Service is an award winning employer and offers employees competitive benefits, amazing learning opportunities and a chance to engage in rewarding work with exciting career development opportunities. For more information, please see What We Offer .How to Apply:
Your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the job requirements list above.Cover Letter: NO
- Please do not submit a cover letter as it will not be reviewed.Resume required: YES
- Ensure your resume includes your educational accomplishments, employment history including start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and any relevant information that relates to the job to which you are applying.Questionnaire: YES
- You will need to complete a basic questionnaire to demonstrate how you meet the job requirements.
Helpful tips, videos and more regarding the application process can be found on the Your Job Application page of MyHR. If you are experiencing technical difficulty applying, e-mail BCPSA.Hiring.Centre@gov.bc.ca
, before the stated closing time, and we will respond as soon as possible.Additional Information:
A Criminal Record Check (CRC) and Criminal Record Review Act Check (CRRA) will be required.
The Hospital And Community (Health Care And Other Services) Covid-19 Vaccination Status Information And Preventive Measures Public Health Order defines vaccination requirements in health care locations and where public service staff interact with heath care locations. Among other possible measures, proof of vaccination will be required for positions that fall under this Public Health Order. Applicants with questions about vaccination requirements for specific positions should reach out to the hiring manager identified in the job posting.
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located at the bottom of the posting.
Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the competition.Job Category
Health Services, Social Services