Guest Services Supervisor
Ivanhoé Cambridge, a global real estate industry leader, invests in high-quality properties and companies in select cities around the world. It does so prudently with a long-term view to optimize risk-adjusted returns.
Founded in Quebec in 1953, Ivanhoé Cambridge has built a vertically integrated business across Canada. Internationally, the Company invests alongside key partners that are leaders in their respective markets.
Through subsidiaries and partnerships, Ivanhoé Cambridge holds interests in close to 500 properties, consisting primarily in office, retail, residential and logistics real estate.
Ivanhoé Cambridge held more than Cdn$55 billion in assets as of December 31, 2015. The Company is a real estate subsidiary of the Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec ( cdpq.com ), one of Canada's leading institutional fund managers. For further information: ivanhoecambridge.com .
Department: Oakridge Centre and Office Tower
Position type: Salaried
With a high level of commitment to providing an exceptional Customer Experience this position is required to anticipate and meet our customers' needs with the highest level of quality and attention to detail. The Supervisor works with the entire Guest Services Team to ensure every customer interaction is carried out in a professional, courteous and efficient manner. As an integral part of the shopping centre, this position will liaise closely with the centre Management Team, Service Providers and the community.
Strategic Planning & Management:
- Develop strategic plans and tactics for improving customer service offerings for shoppers, retailers, employees and contractors;
- Manage the Guest Services budget and provide input during budget preparations (both operations and marketing). Provide rationale for allotted Guest Services staff hours;
- Responsible for the tracking, analyzing and reporting of all customer service program and marketing results as related to Guest Services;
- Coordinate, design, and implement a comprehensive and customized customer service training program and manual; regularly update the program to keep it timely and functional; ensure that training is conducted for all Guest Services, administration, maintenance, housekeeping, and security staff on a regular basis;
- Develop and maintain Guest Services operating procedures and manuals;
- Provide insight into customer needs, methods for differentiating Oakridge Centre from the competition, and tactics for "surprising and delighting" the customer;
- Actively promote and champion Oakridge customer service culture in relation to the Oakridge Brand;
- Awareness of the centre's Crisis Management Manual and maintain a clear understanding of Guest Services role and area of responsibility as outlined in the plan.
Hiring, Training & Supervising Staff:
- Hire, train, and schedule Guest Services staff. Ensure Guest Services staff are trained to be an effective representative of Oakridge’s Brand;
- Develop schedules and prepare time sheets;
- Supervise, mentor, empower and motivate the Guest Services team;
- Meet team members regularly to provide feedback on performance and manage performance issues;
- Establish staff appearance guidelines, including the ordering of uniforms for new and current staff and ensure guidelines are met;
- Implement non-monetary recognition for Guest Services staff;
- Ensure budget of staffing hours is maintained.
Marketing Events and Programs:
- Communicate necessary information and direction to security, maintenance staff, and/or Guest Services staff with regard to event requirements and marketing correspondence;
- Collect/sort information for promotional tracking purposes as related to certain events and programs;
- Works closely with the Marketing Director to maintain a comprehensive understanding of all promotional activity in the centre for communication to all Guest Services staff;
- Assist the Marketing Director with promotional events in the areas of ballot distribution/collection/sorting, GWP's, special event ticket sales, etc.
- Establish and maintain a strong rapport with retailers;
- Correspond with retailers on regular basis (face to face as much as possible);
- Offer "on call" service to retailers with gift card issues;
- Answer, redirect and/or follow-up on inquiries related to marketing, operations, security, or Guest Services.
- Complete daily reconciliation reports and deposits;
- Maintain inventory of gift cards, coordinate the orders, and respond to monthly inventory requests from Store Financial;
- Coordinate orders of packaging and printed materials as related to the sales of gift cards;
- Drive gift card sales. Understand sales performance/key trends and communicate pertinent information to management and Guest Services Staff;
- Submit monthly reconciliation reports to Accounts Administrator, Marketing Director and the Regional office;
- Distribute materials to retailers as necessary;
- Train and set up new retailers and resolve any gift card inquiries/issues;
- Maintain corporate contact list and send thank you cards for purchases over $500;
- Coordinate corporate bonus gift card program.
- Provide training for all Guest Services, administration, maintenance, housekeeping, and security staff;
- Schedule training sessions for the calendar year, and ensure participation in training.
Daily & Monthly Miscellaneous Administrative Duties:
- Manage cash transactions, credit application processing, inventory control, cash deposits, and revenue & expense reports;
- Complete monthly lost and found tracking and rotation;
- Submit monthly reports for sales and tracking of events;
- Complete monthly JUICE marketing report that tracks GC sales and non profit results;
- Perform other duties as required and/or requested.
- A minimum of 3-5 years experience in customer service, hospitality, retail and/or marketing environment;
- Strong leadership and supervisory skills;
- Minimum 2 years experience in the development and delivery of full service programs and staff supervision/training;
- Positive attitude and a strong desire to provide excellent customer service;
- Strong oral and written communication skills;
- Conflict resolution/management skills;
- Proactive, approachable and solution focused;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Excellent organizational skills;
- Resourceful with a professional customer service oriented manner;
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and work effectively in a fast-paced environment;
- Computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Publisher);
- Must be flexible and able to work weekends, nights and holidays.
If you are interested in this challenge, please submit your resume.
You have everything to gain!
When you join the Ivanhoé Cambridge team, you are eligible for employment benefits and a pension plan that are among the best in the industry. Our many health and wellness programs encourage you to balance your work and personal lives and fulfil your desire for social involvement, while maintaining a healthy lifestyle. At Ivanhoé Cambridge, you will have many opportunities to develop your skills and thrive professionally, in Canada or elsewhere in the world. Our initiatives aimed at creating an exceptional working environment that inspires our employees to give the best of themselves elevated Ivanhoé Cambridge in 2014 into the ranks of Canada’s 50 Best Employers, 100 Top Employers and 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures.
Posted: December 10, 2016
Closes:January 31, 2017