Key Responsibilities will include:
- Develop and maintain relationships with the assigned Partner and their staff while assisting them in managing their block of business
- Develop relationships directly with clients where required
- Dispense sales advice to assist with growing the Partner’s block of business
- Leading and mentoring Associates in the delivery of the WOW! factor
- Training and assisting Associates with product knowledge, claims experience, amendments, booklet updates, claim issues and contractual situations
- Performing complex plan design changes for existing clients by collecting necessary information, notify applicable departments/carriers and coordinate any final stages
- Collaborating with the Underwriting department to obtain quotes and alternates
- Handling complex booklet updates
- Answering complex coverage inquiries and resolving complex claim issues
- Collaborating on review of financials, claims experience and renewal prep by group
- Managing and assisting in Life, Disability and other pooled benefit claims
- Reviewing and interpreting contracts, making changes when necessary
- Annual Partner and partner support staff visits (where applicable)
- Performing other duties as assigned by management
- Learn specific accounts and have a good understanding of them
- Leadership – a mentor for co-workers while building and supporting teamwork
- Responsibility and ownership of assigned accounts
- Understands financial arrangements and financial reports for all accounts
- Full understanding of each benefit and product offering
- Consistent achievement of reaching a target
- Able to recommend a course of action and achieve buy-in from the Client.
- Excellent communication skills
- Leadership and initiative
Education & Experience
- Completion of post secondary education
- 5+ years experience as an Associate Account Manager or Group Service Representative, or equivalent industry experience
- Life licensed in a minimum of one province
- Working towards GBA or CEBS designation
Competencies, Skills & Abilities
- Job Knowledge & Professional Development. Has a complete understanding of the role and is performing the role to its entirety. Acts without being told what to do. Continual focus on expanding knowledge of the role and of the Company as a whole.
- Curiosity & Innovation. Generates new and innovative approaches to problems. Ask questions and respectfully challenges current processes. Brings new ideas to the Company and strives for continual improvement of their daily operations and/or work activities.
- Organization & Planning. Plans, organizes, and schedules in an efficient, productive manner. Focuses on key priorities. Able to stay on track and meet deadlines. Does not let important details slip through the cracks or derail a project.
- Teamwork. Reaches out to peers and cooperates with supervisors to establish an overall positive and collaborative working relationship. Lends a helping hand whenever it is needed.
- Communication. Speaks and writes clearly and articulately without being overly verbose or talkative. Maintains this standard in all forms of written communication, including Email. Lives up to verbal and written agreements. Communicates in a positive and respectful manner.
Posted: November 21, 2017
Closes:January 20, 2018