family of companies is an online grocery delivery business headquartered in Vancouver, with integrated operations through our Be Fresh
and Blush Lane
markets in Western Canada. We are a passionate team of nice people, who want to make a difference. We believe that food touches every aspect of our lives so we value sustainable farming practices, sourcing local, treating animals humanely, and reducing food waste. As a certified B Corporation since 2013, we are committed to responsible business practices that are socially responsible.
If our values resonate with you, and you want to learn, grow and develop within a with a team that inspires, shares knowledge, and cares, then please apply! We are growing, innovating, and it's our great people that make it fun to come to work every day. SPUD.CA
is looking for a full-time, permanent Grocery Buyer
for our Vancouver, BC
head office. Note- this position will be moving in October to our new head office located at #105 5566 Trapp Avenue, Burnaby.
We are growing and love to promote from within plus you will receive 20% off of all our cool, local products!
Duties & Responsibilities
- Projecting, and placing accurate vendor orders.
- Ensure inventory accuracy.
- Ongoing communication with warehouse staff regarding inbound/outbound shipments.
- Relevant reporting.
- Problem solving in unexpected situations.
- Additional duties as required.
Qualifications & Requirements
- 1-3 years of purchasing experience, preferably in grocery/perishable goods.
- Bachelor Degree and/or high school diploma + equivalent experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel (ability to perform VLOOKUP, INDEX, MATCH, and ability to manipulate pivot tables).
- Strong communication skills including reading, writing, and speaking.
- Passion and knowledge for food, particularly local and organic.
- Exceptional organization skills.
- Extreme attention to every minor detail is critical.
- Ability to communicate in an effective and professional manner externally (with our vendors), and internally (cross-functionally with our teams).
- An annual salary based on experience, paid bi-weekly
- 20% discount on all of our products on spud.ca
- Extended Health Care Benefits (after 90 days) including: massage therapy, acupuncture, naturopath, physiotherapy, psychologist, chiropractor, 80% dental and prescriptions covered, life insurance, travel insurance, discounted eye exam- and more!
- Two weeks' vacation for one year of employment (4% accrual)
Posted: October 16, 2018
Closes: December 15, 2018