GRILL COOK (COOK NOC 63200)
Starting wage: $18.50 per hour
Golden Goose Holdings Ltd. operating as McDonald's Sea to Sky is locally owned and operated
with locations in Squamish, Whistler, and Pemberton. We are looking for a self-motivated and results-driven team player to join our growing team as a Grill Cook.
We are more than just your local restaurant. Did you know that from coast to coast, we serve delicious choices to more than 2.5 million people in over 1,400 locations every day, or that we have proudly helped more than 387,000 Canadian families with sick children through Ronald McDonald House Charities?OUR OFFER
Working with us means that you will have the opportunity to earn and learn, flexibility, and a safe and inclusive work environment. What this means in practice is:
- Access to education and skills development opportunities that take you further;
- A total rewards package that includes discounts, incentives, and recognition perks;
- Flexible hours/shifts that suit your needs;
- A safe, respectful and inclusive workplace;
- Bring your authentic self to work - welcoming people of every age, background, and culture - just like the guests who visit our restaurants everyday.
We are sure that you have an idea about what working with us is like, but just in case here are some of the highlights of what your job will entail:
YOUR VIBE & EXPERIENCE
- Oversee kitchen operations.
- Determine food portions, estimate food requirements and costs.
- Monitor production levels and adjust production to meet demand.
- Observe procedures of kitchen staff and provide feedback.
- Maintain finished food quality.
- Slices, cuts, and shreds vegetables.
- Grills and deep-fries meat products.
- Maintain cleanliness of the kitchen, back sink, and stock areas.
- Complete equipment maintenance for fryers and grills, which includes lifting and bending.
- Ensure completion of the daily food safety checklist.
- Respond to food safety issues immediately and solves the root cause of the problem.
- Ensure all employees are healthy and follow proper hand-washing guidelines.
- Ensure ingredients remain fresh and safe for consumption.
- Prevent cross-contamination.
- Preparing meals following customers' preferences.
- Liaising with the front of the house once for special orders
- Inform the Manager when equipment is due for maintenance, repair, or replacement.
- Maintain inventory and records of food, supplies and equipment.
- Oversee deliveries, which may include lifting as much as 50 lbs.
- Schedule and supervise kitchen helpers.
- May hire and train kitchen staff.
While previous experience working in food service or retail as a barista, server, sales associate, cashier, team member, or customer sales representative as a manager is always helpful and appreciated, what is most important is who you are.
- You lead by example and are accountable.
- You have high expectations and consistently raise the bar for yourself and your team.
- When confronted with a situation, you can assess and problem-solve with confidence.
- You put people before profit, knowing that creating a positive culture leads to happier, more engaged staff who will deliver a better experience for your guests.
- Completion of secondary education required.
- Minimum one (1) year of recent kitchen leadership experience in similar or related industry required.
- Previous McDonald's experience preferred.
- Certificate or Diploma in Culinary Arts an asset.
- Advanced in English, both written and verbal.
In 1954, an enterprising salesman named Ray Kroc discovered a small burger restaurant in California and wrote the first page of McDonald's history. In 1967, the first McDonald's Canada opened in Richmond, B.C. and we've been growing with our communities and serving quality food at great a value ever since. Today, McDonald's Canada is proud to be one of the world's leading food service retailers, offering job opportunities at corporate-owned restaurants or restaurants owned by independent franchisees.
McDonald's Canada and Owner/Operators are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace for all. Our workplaces have a long-standing policy of providing fair, equitable, and accessible opportunities for all employees and prospective employees. Accommodations during the application process are available upon request.
Restaurants and Food Service