UNLIMITED POSSIBILITIES AHEAD.Position:
OpenRoad Lexus RichmondDepartment:
We believe in doing good for our customers and for ourselves. Whether it's launching the most anticipated model of the year or purchasing a vehicle for your next adventure, great people and relationships are at every turn with OpenRoad.
We are proud of our forward-thinking culture developed over 40 years of continuous improvement initiatives. OpenRoad is one of the largest and fastest-growing automotive retail groups in the country (representing 20 automotive brands across 25 locations) with a shared vision to become the national automotive leader in customer experience. As one of Canada's Best Employers and Best Managed Companies, we are looking for team players who are excited to continually learn, work hard, and take ownership of their roles.
If you love the idea of joining an organization with unlimited possibilities to accelerate your career, then apply to OpenRoad and grow with us today!A Career at OpenRoad Means You'll Enjoy:
- Opportunity to work with a variety of OEM BRANDS including; Acura Audi, BMW, Genesis, Honda, Hyundai, Infiniti, Jaguar, Land Rover, Lexus, Mazda, Mercedes-Benz, MINI, Porsche, Rolls-Royce, Subaru, Toyota, Volkswagen
- Amazing Incentives including but not limited to: Discounted Vehicle Purchasing Program, Boot Allowance, Computer Rebate Program, Employee Referral Program, Employer RRSP Matching, Tool Purchase Subsidy
- Internal and external, training & development opportunities for skill development and growth
- Be part of collaborative, friendly, and progressive work culture with an emphasis on transparency, innovation, relationship, and empowerment
- Comprehensive extended health and dental plan tailored around Associate wellness
- Recognition and Engagement Events!
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Greet prospective customers and determine the nature of their visit.
- Direct customers to the correct department or personnel, notify the appropriate Product/Service Advisor that a customer is waiting, or introduce the customers to advisor.
- Answer basic customer inquiries and refer more extensive inquiries to the appropriate person.
- Control and track loaner vehicles and their conditions, and assist in moving loaner and guest vehicles into designated areas.
- Perform customer follow up duties by phone.
- Keep customer lounge area presentable and tidy, including stocking coffee area.
- Follow company safety policies and practices, and immediately, report any and all accidents to a Manager/Supervisor.
- This position will be expected to perform other duties as assigned by management.
- OpenRoad reserves the right to modify this job description as business needs require.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Ability to be versatile in working with changing priorities of position responsibilities, and ability to multitask.
- Professional personal appearance.
- Customer relation skills, and ability to work well with both internal and external customers, ensuring all guests are helped.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills (oral and written).
- Ability to work well with both customers and colleagues, and maintain relationships.
- Must be able to work in an active, social atmosphere without being distracted.
- Willingness to work outside.
- Have a valid British Columbia Driver's License Class 5 with a clean drivers abstract
Internal Candidates MUST apply by filling out the Internal Endorsement Form on the Intranet. Failure to complete the form will cause a delay in your application.
We are an equal-opportunity employer that embraces diversity. We stand behind the growth of our associates to help them achieve their vision and goals.
JOIN US AND GROW WITH US!
We thank all those that have applied. Only those considered for the position will be contacted.
Maintenance and Technicians