20071 Position Type:
Cranbrook, BC, Canada Location:
Cranbrook Offices (BC23) Canfor's strength comes from the diversity of our skilled and resilient workforce. As our company continues to grow and diversify, so do our career opportunities. Let us take this opportunity to tell you how you could be the best fit for Canfor. The Opportunity:
Canfor is currently seeking motivated and experienced individuals to join our team as Gravel/Sand Truck Operator.
As a Gravel/Sand Truck Operator you will be responsible for the safe operation of heavy road equipment within our Kootenay operations. The Role
- Driving for long hours under varying weather, site, terrain and road condition safely.
- Preform pre-trip inspection and complete minor maintenance and repairs including fueling, lubing and washing truck
- Towing, inspection, and loading of trailers with supplies or equipment
- Ability to use digital equipment for locating and managing work and accessing work priorities or direction
- Install tire chains in winter conditions when required
- Other road maintenance related duties
- Knowledge and application of MOTI laws, rules, and regulations as they relate to equipment towing and operation
- Speak clearly and concisely when using a radio and communicate with various people throughout the day
- Must Hold Class One Driver's License
- Must be able to furnish proof of certifications/licenses and provide a drivers abstract
- Available to work a regular shift of Monday to Friday for 8 hours, with regular overtime opportunities.
- Ability to work in a safe and efficient manner.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to analyze and troubleshoot
- Positive attitude and a self-starter
- Able to work in an environment that may include exposure to weather, dust, chemicals, moving mechanical parts, and noise.
Preference may be given to those individuals with a Level 3 First Aid ticket. The Incentive
The wage for a Gravel/Sand Truck Operator starts at $33.21
per hour based on the collective agreement. This role is a USW local 1-405 position.
At Canfor, we offer a comprehensive benefits package which includes medical, dental, pension, as well as other benefits as per the collective agreementGrow With Us
Canfor provides many different training opportunities for employees to advance and grow within our company. Internal training programs such as Canfor College provide various types of courses for employees across our operations.
With numerous success stories throughout our history of employees starting from humble beginnings within Canfor, and through our promote from within culture many of our employees have had the opportunity to become leaders within the organization. Valuing their contributions, these individuals have brought a significant impact to the way we do business today. At Canfor, the potential for advancement and growth is endless.
Find out how you can grow with us today. Apply now Canfor Values
At Canfor, our values are at the core of everything we do. Safety comes first, and we are proud of our unwavering commitment to excellence, and customer satisfaction, which allows us to safely and efficiently deliver quality products to our customers around the globe.
- Safety comes first.
- We succeed when our customers succeed.
- We are resilient and resourceful. We always find a way forward.
- We are a good neighbour in our communities and a responsible steward of the environment.
- We demonstrate integrity by doing what we say we are going to do.
Our Talent Acquisition team is actively recruiting
for this role. If you would like to be considered, please apply today.
At Canfor, diversity means understanding, recognizing and valuing
the differences that make each person unique. We see inclusion and diversity as an essential part of our productivity, creativity, innovation and competitive advantage. We strive for a fair and equitable recruitment process
, where hiring decisions are based on the individual qualifications and experience of each applicant. We are not your run of the mill forest products company, join us and find out why. #canfortalent Follow us on LinkedIn , Twitter , and Facebook for Canfor news, career opportunities, and upcoming events! Job Segment:
Medical, Social Media, Equipment Operator, Inspector, Recruiting, Healthcare, Marketing, Manufacturing, Quality, Human Resources