We are looking for a Google Cloud Engineer to join one of BC’s Best Employers.
- Google Cloud Engineer
- Cloud administration experience in LAMP environment
- Docker and Kubernetes experience considered an asset
What & Why:
Our client is on the hunt for a Google Cloud Engineer/Senior Cloud Infrastructure Administrator who will be responsible for daily administration of their infrastructure including operational maintenance, upgrades, and capacity management.
You’ll be responsible for managing a cloud-based web hosting solution that supports hundreds of developers and thousands of Clients across North America. Your expertise in cloud infrastructure management will be needed to work collaboratively with Development, Operations, and IT to ensure successful implementations of web, mobile, and data products. You will bring the experience of successful implementations of cloud initiatives that deliver efficiency, security, and scalability.
We are looking for a candidate with 5+ years of experience in cloud administration within a Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP, Git environment that is fast-paced and growing. This opportunity exists in either our Vancouver or Nanaimo (Vancouver Island) office.
Our client is a leading technology provider for the top 1% of sales professionals in the world. You will be joining a dynamic team of over 150 young professionals, who push the boundaries of technology with innovative web and mobile design, high-performance CRM, search engine marketing services, and more.
A taste of what you'll be doing:
- Develops and maintains a quarterly infrastructure plan to accommodate growth expectations.
- Works collaboratively with mobile developers, web developers, data specialists, quality assurance experts and technical leads to understand product design, development, deployment and testing needs to ensure infrastructure can support the business.
- Analyses available information to recommend and implement advanced infrastructure solutions that will work within REWs environment and take advantage of emerging technologies.
- Delivers necessary maintenance and software upgrades with minimal downtime.
- Responds to infrastructure issues from Clients and Development teams with high urgency and communicates with suppliers, cross-functional teams and management throughout the crisis. Performs root cause analysis and communicates go-forward plans to prevent recurrence.
- Performs regular audits of platform installation, configuration, performance, load, software upgrades, backup processes to identify common trends and recommend solutions.
- Monitors and troubleshoots issues related to server, data, configurations, and database driven applications.
- Implements reporting and monitoring processes to identify and correct infrastructure risks.
- Creates and implements infrastructure processes and procedures to maintain capacity, availability, security, and disaster recovery capabilities for effective business operations.
- Develops on the job knowledge, follows trends on emerging technologies, and mentors team members.
- Work with suppliers to evaluate, develop, test, and install software.
- Education related to information systems or computer science
- 5+ year installing, configuring and supporting LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP) stack for internal and production level deployments
- 2+ years of experience in cloud design and administration (Google Cloud preferred)
- Experience with Google solutions including Docker, Kubernetes Engine, Load Balancing, PostgreSQL would be highly regarded
- Certifications in System Administration, Cloud Administration, or Infrastructure Operations
- Professional exposure to dev ops release and build management, source code repository management, configuration management, container platform tools, Google SQL solutions
- Professional verbal and written communication to discuss and work with members at all levels of the organization
- Passionate about self-development and loves change
- Proven knowledge of software architectures for performance, scalability and high availability - experience developing and deploying software products is a very strong asset.
- Strong scripting skills - deployment automation and configuration management experience along with experience working with tools like Chef, Puppet, Ansible and Salt are strong assets.
- Experience designing and developing (CI/CD) Pipeline components and jobs
- Time series based monitoring and alerting systems, and familiarity with tools like Prometheus, Grafana, InfluxDB, StatsD, CollectD, and WaveFront.
If the sound of this opportunity excites you, and you’re confident that it’s a good fit for your experience and career goals, then we’d love to hear from you! Please send your updated resume to us by applying to this posting and one of our awesome team of recruiters will be in touch.
Software and Programming Information Technology