Position description:Summary: Go Girls! Healthy Bodies, Healthy Minds Program
This eight-week group mentoring program for girls aged 10-14 promotes active living, balanced eating, and developing positive self-esteem and confidence.
Go Girls! Mentors use program curriculum to lead activities and discussions for a group of 8-10 girls at each school. School placements are based on volunteer availability and distance. Each program is led by 2-3 co-mentors.
The Go Girls! program runs in select Delta, Ladner, and TsawwassenElementary schools for girls in grades 6-7, typically from 3-5pm on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, or Thursdays.Appliction Deadline: Monday September 9th2019
We are currently accepting applications for our Fall term, which runs from October 7through December 6 2019, with exact start/end dates depending on the school.We encourage applicants to submit applications as soon as possible as we process applications on a first come, first serve basis.Mandatory Mentor Training is on Saturday September 28th 2019, 10am-5pm.Apply Now:
- 19-30 years of age.
- Self-identified female or non-binary individual.
- Canadian resident for the past year.
- Available on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and/or Thursdays from 3-5pm during the program term
- Clear Criminal Record Check/Vulnerable Sector Search
- Passionate about healthy living and self-esteem.
- Reliable, resourceful, and interested in building relationships with children.
- Improve your leadership, group facilitation, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Gain experience working with youth and group management within a school environment.
- Become part of the Go Girls! Mentor community.
Career, Life Skills
Counselling, Social Services (Other)
Teaching, Instructing, Tutoring, Facilitating
Mental Health Support
Coaching, Officiating, Instructing
Group or Activity Leader, Facilitating
Recreation and Sports (Other)
Group Leader, Host, Facilitator
Social (Other) Role is suitable for:
AdultHow to apply:
Alice WilcoxContact phone:
604-873-4525 x300Contact e-mail:firstname.lastname@example.org Volunteer Centre:
Vancouver Cause Tags:
Family & Children
Health, Social Services
Community and Social Services