External Job Description LOCATION
: VANCOUVER, BC
Start Date: Monday 22 April 2024
End Date: Tuesday 31 December 2024 DURATION
: 8 MONTHS
Positions Available: One (1)
Led by the Senior Lead, Global Talent Technology (GTT), and collaborating with the GTT Advisors, this pivotal resource supports multiple geographically dispersed client groups from our Vancouver headquarters. As an agile team, we are primarily responsible for the operational support, sustainment, configuration, and deployment of multiple talent technology tools across the entire employee lifecycle.
Supporting our recruiters worldwide in the configuration, deployment and ongoing optimization of their tools and workflows, we ensure that we are efficiently advancing recruitment efforts and reduction of vacancies across Teck's global client groups.
The GTT Team is specifically targeting students with a background and experience in computer science, and finding insights gained through qualitative and quantitative data analysis. Someone also with attention to detail, and a keen eye for process optimization and efficiencies through the use of automation.RESPONSIBILITIES
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures
- Triaging and resolving incoming support tickets and requests regarding application errors, and resolving critical issues across the supported application stack in a timely manner
- Conducting regular data cleansing, data modelling, and data analysis with Python, Excel and Power BI
- Commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) product evaluation, configuration, integration, testing, deployment, and support
- Finding innovative ways to automate repetitive and manual tasks using scripts in addition to the development of lean self-serve web applications using Power Automate
- Preparing data for monthly and quarterly dashboards, and crafting Power BI dashboards
Why Join Us?
- Must be enrolled in a recognized and accredited co-op program at a Canadian post-secondary institution throughout the duration of the term, available for full-time work, and willing to relocate to Vancouver, BC if currently studying at a post-secondary institution outside of Metro Vancouver
- Previous experience in front-line customer service and/or technical support
- Proficiency in Python with knowledge and understanding of data packages like pandas and JSON
- Practical hands-on experience and proficiency with various programming languages
- Demonstrable understanding of how to use RESTful APIs, including different authorization frameworks (e.g. OAuth 2.0, SAML 2.0, SCIM)
- Firm grasp of Power Platform applications such as Power Apps, Power BI, and Power Automate
- Basic understanding of Agile methodologies and their benefits
- Driven and able to work efficiently independently as well as part of the team
- Passion for learning new skills and concepts quickly, and ability to grasp new technologies and platforms accurately, and efficiently
- Ability to clearly articulate sophisticated technological concepts to a diverse audience, including those with no technical background
- Passionate about innovative technologies and learning new skills and concepts quickly, accurately, and efficiently
At Teck, we offer more than just a job - we provide a comprehensive student experience comprised of relevant, hands-on work, vibrant social activities, extensive networking opportunities, and rich professional development. With captivating projects set against stunning backdrops, a culture of inclusivity and collaboration, and boundless opportunities to learn, grow, and have fun, joining us means embracing a fulfilling and dynamic co-op adventure.In addition to excellent compensation, Teck co-ops receive a variety of advantages including but not limited to:
- Financial assistance to help with travel costs and co-op fees
- Opportunity to develop technical skills and gain practical experience while applying academic knowledge to real-world mining operations and projects
- Enjoy mentorship and guidance from experienced specialists in their respective fields
- Receive primary consideration for professional positions upon graduation
Wage Range: $3,900 - $4,900 / Month
Salary is commensurate with the number of academic semesters and prior co-op experiences completed.About Teck
Teck Resources Ltd. is Canada's largest diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with business units focused on steelmaking coal, copper, zinc and energy. Teck hires more than 200 co-op students each year to work at our various Canadian operations. We have received several awards and recognitions that are worth noting: In 2023, Teck was named as one of Canada's Top Employers for Young People, which recognizes companies for exceptional programs and performance in attracting and retaining younger workers. Teck was also selected as one of Canada's Top 100 Employers from 2018 to 2023. Teck has been recognized as one of the 2023 Global 100 Most Sustainable Corporations by Corporate Knights, marking the fifth straight year Teck has been named to the list.Ideas at Work
Digital technologies are transforming our industry and contributing to improvements in every step of the mining process. We enhance our productivity, safety, sustainability, and growth by putting smarter ideas to work and creating advancements in our technology and our practice. At Teck, we don't just embrace ideas, we employ them. We are fostering a culture where employees are encouraged to bring ideas forward, test innovative approaches and implement technologies that can help make us a better company.Professional benefits of working as a co-op with Teck Resources Ltd:
Our values guide every decision we make as a company and as individual employees. In everything we do, Teck is led by our values of safety, sustainability, integrity, respect, excellence, and courage. A co-op with Teck will offer you the opportunity to work on challenging projects alongside a team of professionals who are experts in their respective fields, you will experience a combination of projects in the field as well as in the office. Teck offers a competitive salary for our co-ops as well as assistance with travel costs and co-op fees. Make an impression! Successful co-ops with Teck are given first consideration for professional positions upon graduation
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person's unique perspective and contribution.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal and zinc.
Teck has been named one of Canada's Top 100 Employers for six consecutive years. Teck has also been named to the Forbes Canada's Best Employers 2022 and is one of Canada's Top Employers for Young People .
The pursuit of sustainability guides Teck's approach to business. Teck has beenrecognized as one of the 2022 Global 100 Most Sustainable Corporations by Corporate Knights and is ranked #1 in the Metals and Mining industry on the S&P Dow Jones Sustainability World Index (DJSI).
Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK.
Learn more about Teck at www.teck.com or follow @TeckResources .Job Segment:
Sustainability, Coal Mining, Computer Science, Data Analyst, Energy, Mining, Technology, Data