Global Health Research Nurse BC Children's Hospital Vancouver BC Full vaccination against COVID-19 is a condition of employment with PHSA effective October 26, 2021.
The Global Health Research Nurse contributes to the success of the Centre for International Child Health (CICH) by assisting in the development and monitoring of this pilot program to support various global health research projects in order to enhance quality improvement, research, education, and partnership activities. What you'll do
What you bring
- Collaborate with the CICH and BC Children's and Women's leadership to develop, review and/or execute a project plan that builds a community of practice in global health for nurses and allied health at BC Children's and Women's Hospital. Engage with health professionals across campus in global health through regular meetings, events, communications and interest groups.
- Lead the development, implementation and maintenance of policies and procedures for nursing and allied health engagement in global health research. Ensure the development and updating of policies and procedures are aligned with institutional procedure and processes.
- Develop protocol applications and design patient consent forms for REB (PHSA/UBC Clinical Research Ethics Board).
- Review research protocol and study design with the Study Investigator(s) and Study Coordinator(s).
- Prepare study documents including Research Ethics Board correspondence, and required regulatory documents as necessary.
- Review and explain the purpose and conduct of the study, explain consent forms to research assistants and healthcare workers from a global health context.
- Support research staff from a global health context regarding current trials and follows up to ensure compliance is maintained while participants are on trial protocols, and act as a resource to research staff and colleagues when patients are enrolled in a study.
- Graduation from an approved School of Nursing with current practicing registration as an RN with the British Columbia College of Columbia College of Nurses & Midwives (BCCNM).
- Minimum of three (3) years recent related clinical pediatric or women's health nursing experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
You also have demonstrated:
What we bring
- Interest in clinical research.
- Relevant clinical research knowledge.
- Knowledge of global children's and/or women's health.
- Comprehensive knowledge of international standards for nursing practice.
- Knowledge of research process and methodology
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Strong leadership and organizational skills.
- Ability to apply decision making and analytical skills.
- Ability to deal with others effectively.
- Ability to prioritize and organize work.
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That's why we're focused on your care too - offering health, wellness, development programs to support you - at work and at home.
- Join one of BC's largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations - offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to professional development opportunities through our in-house training programs, including +2,000 courses, such as our San'yas Indigenous Cultural Safety Training course, or Core Linx for Leadership roles.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan, and psychological health & safety programs and holistic wellness resources.
- Annual statutory holidays (13) with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- PHSA is a remote work friendly employer, welcoming flexible work options to support our people (eligibility may vary, depending on position).
- Perks include access to fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
Temporary Full-Time (until November 12, 2022)
$43.09 to $52.82 per hour Location:
4500 Oak Street, Vancouver BC, V6H 2N9
Hours of Work:
114666 What we do
BC Children's Hospital (BCCH) provides care for the most seriously ill or injured children and youth from across British Columbia.
BCCH is part of the Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA).
The Provincial Health Services Authority ( PHSA ) plans, manages and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people - Be compassionate - Dare to innovate - Cultivate partnerships - Serve with purpose.
Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA and BCCH are committed to employment equity, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, background and experience, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment. ATTN: PHSA Employees:
To be considered as a PHSA employee (internal applicant) for this position, you must apply online via your internal profile at http://internaljobs.phsa.ca
Please note the internal job posting will no longer be accessible after the expiry date of September 24, 2021
. If the internal job posting has expired, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk and advise that you would like to be considered as a late internal applicant for this position. Please do not apply for the external job posting.
If you have not registered your internal profile, a password is required to log in for the first time. To obtain your password, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk at 604-875-7264 or 1-855-875-7264
. Please note regular business hours are Monday - Friday (excluding stats), 8:30am to 4:30pm. For inquiries outside of regular business hours, please email the Internal Jobs Help Desk at email@example.com
and a Help Desk Representative will contact you the next business day.