Permanent Reference code
:123160 Primary Location:
Toronto, ON All Available Locations:
Toronto, ON; Calgary, AB; Edmonton, AB; Vancouver, BC Our Purpose
At Deloitte, we are driven to inspire and help our people, organization, communities, and country to thrive. Our Purpose is to build a better future by accelerating and expanding access to knowledge. Purpose defines who we are and gives us reason to exist as an organization.
By living our Purpose, we will make an impact that matters.
- Enjoy flexible, proactive, and practical benefits that foster a culture of well-being and connectedness.
- Experience a firm where wellness matters.
- Be expected to share your ideas and to make them a reality
Do you thrive on developing creative and innovative insights to solve complex challenges? Want to work on next-generation, cuttingedge products and services that deliver outstanding value and that are global in vision and scope? Work with premier thought leaders in your field? Work for a world-class organization that provides an exceptional career experience with an inclusive and collaborative culture?What will your typical day look like?
As a Global Controls and Security Manager, you will have responsibility for managing the execution of processes supporting global controls, identifying and implementing ongoing process improvements to ensure effectiveness and efficiency of controls operations and collaborating with broader cyber security, privacy and legal teams for incorporating revised guidelines and guidance into controls operations. Responsibilities Include:
About the teamDeloitte Global:
- Overseeing consistent execution of processes for provision and management of standard, elevated, and privileged access rights, including ongoing audits of consistency and rigor.
- Operationalizing control processes and managing these operations including providing oversight to members of the team.
- Investigating all control 'issues' to define root causes and develop / implement mitigation plans and update processes, as needed; collaborate with global office of privacy, as needed.
- Develop and maintain documentation (incl. reporting as needed) on control processes and events; includes a regular periodic review and sign-off of documentation to keep content accurate and current.
- Making process revisions and improvements based on any changes to the platform, regulations and/or technology standards.
- Drive continuous improvement within the global controls processes. Includes robust training of team members on standard controls and processes, and the importance of identifying and raising risks (reinforce with positive snapshots) and holding team members accountable for failure to follow established controls and processes (negative snapshots).
- Overseeing capabilities and skills on the team and ensuring that staffing levels adequately reflect what is required to support the platform and engagement teams.
- Collaborating with cyber security, privacy and risk teams on all relevant data / risk concerns regarding tax technology assets; documenting discussions, decisions, and approvals through defined privacy processes; updating control processes (as needed); managing details of all open items through to resolution
- Collaborating with privacy and risk leaders to manage and respond to external security questionnaire requests for relevant DTTL Tax technology
At Deloitte, we expect results. Incredible-tangible-results. And Deloitte Global professionals play a unique role in delivering those results. We reach across disciplines and borders to serve our global organization. We are the engine of Deloitte. We develop and lead global strategies and provide programs and services that unite our network. In Deloitte Global, everyone has an opportunity to lead. We see the importance of your perspective and your ability to create value. We want you to fit in-with an inclusive culture, focus on work-life fit and well-being, and a supportive, connected environment; but we also want you to stand out-with opportunities to have a strategic impact, innovate, and take the risks necessary to make your mark. Deloitte Global supports our talented professionals in answering the question: What impact will you make?
Global Tax & Legal deploys the right team of experts to address the ever-evolving needs of our businesses around the world. Our professionals deliver superior compliance and advisory insights and guidance (local and global) to support our businesses operating in singular or multiple jurisdictions.Enough about us, let's talk about you
You are someone with:
Our promise to our people: Deloitte is where potential comes to life. Be yourself, and more.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Sciences or equivalent experience working in a multi-national or global organization
- Experience designing, operationalizing, and owning internal control processes, especially those related to data security
- Experience managing/mentoring staff
- Experience working on Tax, Audit or Accounting software platforms strongly preferred
- Experience leading control and security related programs and risk mitigation efforts on multiple concurrent projects within time constraints
- Strong communication (written and verbal) abilities to effectively work with senior level executive stakeholders, both internal and external
- Experience with Project Management tools including Microsoft: Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, Teams, Project
We are a group of talented people who want to learn, gain experience, and develop skills. Wherever you are in your career, we want you to advance. You shape how we make impact.
Diverse perspectives and life experiences make us better. Whoever you are and wherever you're from, we want you to feel like you belong here. We provide flexible working options to support you and how you can contribute. Be the leader you want to be. Be the leader you want to be
Some guide teams, some change culture, some build essential expertise. We offer opportunities and experiences that support your continuing growth as a leader. Have as many careers as you want.
We are uniquely able to offer you new challenges and roles - and prepare you for them. We bring together people with unique experiences and talents, and we are the place to develop a lasting network of friends, peers, and mentors. Our TVP is about relationships - between leaders and their people, the firm and its people, peers, and within in our communities.The next step is yours
At Deloitte, we are all about doing business inclusively - that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities. Deloitte encourages applications from all qualified candidates who represent the full diversity of communities across Canada. This includes, but is not limited to, people with disabilities, candidates from Indigenous communities, and candidates from the Black community in support of living our values, creating a culture of Diversity Equity and Inclusion and our commitment to our AccessAbility Action Plan , Reconciliation Action Plan and the BlackNorth Initiative .
We encourage you to connect with us at firstname.lastname@example.org
if you require an accommodation for the recruitment process (including alternate formats of materials, accessible meeting rooms or other accommodations). We'd love to hear from you!
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We've designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Deloitte Canada has 30 offices with representation across most of the country. We acknowledge our offices reside on traditional, treaty and unceded territories as part of Turtle Island and is still home to many First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples. We are all Treaty people.Job Segment:
Cyber Security, Compliance, Sharepoint, Developer, Project Manager, Security, Legal, Technology
Management and Executive