Do you have a passion for nursing? Are you looking for a place to showcase your leadership and clinical expertise? We have the position for you! We are seeking a motivated Geriatric Nurse Clinician with a dedication for delivering compassionate patient care to join our Specialized Community Services Program.
Fraser Health is one of Canada's largest and fastest growing health authorities. With over 25,000 employees, 2,500 physicians and nearly 6,500 volunteers, we serve more than 1.6 million people - over one third of the entire population in British Columbia.
Twelve acute care hospitals, BC's first dedicated outpatient care and surgery centre and a wide range of services in public health, home health, mental health and long-term care facilities - all within Metro Vancouver and the Fraser Valley. Known as one of the most desirable place to live in the world, these dynamic communities along with inspiring scenery and easy access to an abundance of outdoor activities provide an amazing quality of life.
We have positive and compassionate work environments where you can bring your real passion for nursing to the role and be part of our rapidly thriving team. Fraser Health is experiencing unprecedented growth and now you can be a part of a busy and exciting team.
BUILD ON YOUR CAREER EXPERIENCE BY:
- Demonstrating clinical expertise and leadership related to the care of older adults
- Performing gerontological nursing assessments and ongoing evaluations of older adults with complex care needs
- Providing information and education to staff, patients, and families
- Participating in research, policy, quality improvement, and risk management activities
YOUR BACKGROUND INCLUDES:
- Current practicing registration with the British Columbia College of Nursing Professionals (BCCNM)
- Three (3) years of recent related clinical experience in gerontological nursing including one (1) year of education and/or leadership experience
- Completion of post graduate course work and/or certification applicable to gerontological nursing (Canadian Nurses Association Gerontology Nursing Certificate).
- Valid BC Driver's Licence and access to a personal vehicle for business related purposes
This role is a casual position based in Burnaby, BC. Burnaby is centrally located within the rapidly growing metropolitan area of the Lower Mainland. It is among Vancouver's most attractive suburbs - a major urban centre offering all the benefits of proximity to the city without the high cost of living. Burnaby highlights many beautiful lakes, forested mountain parkland, an ocean beach, rivers, parks and botanical gardens, major sports fields, golf courses, bicycle and walking trails, a major commercial town centre and high density residential areas.
A career at Fraser Health will offer you the opportunity to work in a fast growing and exciting organization with professionals who are eminent in their respective fields. We offer a competitive salary package, including comprehensive health benefits coverage.
Be a part of our dedicated team of health care providers in this dynamic and rewarding role!
Take the next step and apply today, so we can continue the conversation and make a difference in the communities we serve. Join Fraser Health where we value diversity in the work force and strives to maintain an environment of Respect, Caring & Trust.