is one of the world's leading professional services firms. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.
We have over 55,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 9,800+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
The excellence we bring to our work and to our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We are among the LinkedIn Top 25 Companies two years in a row, one of the Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada's Top 100 Infrastructure Projects .
•We value our people and our reputation
•We are locally dedicated with international scale
•We are future focused and challenge the status quo
•We foster collaboration in everything we do
•We have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable PRINCE GEORGE
We are a global leader in the Earth and Environment sector, made stronger with the recent acquisition of Golder. Globally headquartered in Montreal, where it all began, we proudly serve communities from coast to coast and beyond. With Golder now part of our WSP team, we have over 14,000 multidisciplinary professionals worldwide collaborating daily to protect and conserve natural landscapes, create firm foundations for communities to stand on, and champion sustainable development to combat climate change.
As part of the team, you will have access to an unparalleled network of resources, expertise, and endless opportunities to collaborate on exciting projects with diverse teammates from marine biologists to geophysicists to geotechnical engineers and more. The Opportunity:
WSP Golder is looking to add a Junior Geotechnical Engineer to our Ground Engineering and Materials Team in BC and Yukon in our Prince George Office. You will be part of a large, highly successful team, using your skills to assist in the management of various large-scale projects throughout BC and Yukon Why WSP?
• We value and are committed to upholding a culture of Inclusion
• Our Flexible Work Policy
- we recognize the importance of balance in our lives and encourage you to prioritize the balance in yours. We will support you on and off the job so you can be fully present in both your work and home lives.
• A Canadian
success story - we're proud
to wear the red and white of this beautiful country and show the world what Canada has to offer.
the world around you - from the environment to the highways, to the buildings and the terrain, WSP is the fabric of Canada.
career opportunities - we're growing and pushing ourselves every day to be greater than yesterday - we're open to your
ideas and trying new
• A phenomenal collaborative
culture and a workforce filled with genuinely good people
who are doing humbly important work. Come find out for yourself what it's like to be a part of our journey. We offer attractive pay, flexible work options, a great corporate culture, comprehensive and employee-focused benefits including virtual healthcare and a wellness platform as well as great savings programs, and a clear vision for the future. #WeAre WSP A day in the life:
• Carry out field investigations, including borehole layout, utility clearances, supervision of drill rigs and/or excavators, logging boreholes and test pits, surveying, and slope inspections
• Perform construction site reconnaissance, observations, and inspections (for example, footing inspections, nuclear gauge testing, and concrete testing)
• Review soil and rock samples in our laboratory, scheduling geotechnical laboratory testing, and compiling test results for use on engineering projects
• Summarize and analyze findings from reconnaissance/inspections, investigations, and lab testing
• Analyze and model slope stability, settlement, foundation design, soil retaining structures, and other geotechnical problems
• Prepare or assist with preparing engineering memos, reports, and presentations What you'll bring to WSP ...
• Bachelor's Degree in Geotechnical (Civil or Geological) Engineering
• Eligibility to register with Engineers and Geoscientists British Columbia (EGBC) as either an EIT or P.Eng.
• Strong people skills and a desire and ability to work in a team environment
• Excellent communication skills (both oral and written)
• A "Safety-First" focus and act as a role model to other staff
• A high standard of behaviour to uphold Golder's reputation and demonstrating a commitment to our Core Values
• Valid driver's license
Health and Safety is a core paramount value of WSP. Given the importance of keeping one another safe and the growing list of our clients including vaccination status as part of their mandated health and safety requirements to work with them, you will be required to provide proof of full COVID-19 vaccination to WSP as a condition of employment.
You may also be required to undergo additional immunization to maintain a fully vaccinated status against COVID-19 whenever local Public Health Authorities recommend additional immunization.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP does not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies. For more information please READ THE FULL POLICY .
WSP Canada Inc.
Prince George, BC
Early Career (< 3 years)
Prince George, British Columbia, Canada/