Closing Date: February 12, 2023
Teck is looking for motivated and experienced individuals to contribute to the 2023 Coal exploration drilling projects to be based at one of Teck's Mine Operations or Projects in the Sparwood area, BC, Canada.
The position(s) are available on a 6-10 month defined term and employment will be from February to November 2023.
Successful candidates will be dynamic exploration professionals with strong technical skills with respect to ore deposit geology and exploration techniques, encompassing geology, geochemistry, and geophysics. A focus on driving results, with a commitment to teamwork and continuous improvement are imperative for the role. Specific exploration experience with respect to Coal, and/or Sedimentary Basin geology is strongly valued along with experience in a mine operations environment. A significant field contractor management component is also expected within the role.
This role will combine the highest standards in environment, health & safety and community relations coupled with strong technical background, contributing to exploration and geoscience programs that are planned, resourced, and executed in a safe, efficient, and effective manner consistent with Teck's priorities, culture, and values.Responsibilities:
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and promote the company's commitment to health and safety, sustainability, the environment, contributing to meeting Teck's standards in the region.
- Actively seek opportunities to recognize health and safety hazards, resolve safety issues and work to mitigate associated risks in the workplace.
- Ensure the safe, productive, and cost-effective delivery of Teck Coal's Exploration programs, via:
- Assisting with drill program planning and preparations
- Providing in-field/on-site project coordination and supervision.
- Undertaking pro-active contractor management and supervision activities.
- Completing timely budget, cost, and productivity tracking.
- Maintaining effective working relationships with all key stakeholder groups especially representatives from Site Operations and Engineering teams.
- Collecting, managing, and interpreting drilling project related data including coal quality, geophysics, geotechnical, geochemistry and field mapping.
- Providing timely program status updates/reports to stakeholders
- Contributing to the preparation of program close-out and other technical reports
- Supporting the planning of future drilling programs
- Encouraging a culture of teamwork between all stakeholders by promoting collaboration and open communications.
• A minimum of 3 years of geoscience experience, including exposure to mineral exploration in greenfields and/or brownfields environments.
• Specific experience in geologic mapping, core logging, geochemical and geophysical applications is an asset.
• B.Sc. in Geology or a related discipline and hold or qualify for Professional Geoscientist (P.Geo.) or Geoscientist-in-Training (G.I.T.) status with Engineers and Geoscientists of British Columbia (EGBC). Eligibility to work in Canada is required.
• Previous experience working with Reverse Circulation and/or Diamond Drill field programs.
• Specific experience of working on Coal and/or Sedimentary Basin geology is an asset.
• Working knowledge of acQuire™ and/or MineSight® software packages is preferable.
• Results oriented with excellent organizational, planning, management, and decision-making skills.
• Excellent communication, facilitation, and interpersonal skills.
• Valid driver's license
• Ability to lift up to 50 lbs and walking on uneven ground
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person's unique perspective and contribution.
Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal, zinc and energy. Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK.
The pursuit of sustainability guides Teck's approach to business. Teck is building partnerships and capacity to confront sustainability challenges within the regions in which it operates and at the global level. In 2020, Teck was named to the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index (DJSI) for the eleventh straight year, indicating that Teck's sustainability practices rank in the top 10 per cent of the world's 2,500 largest public companies in the S&P Global Broad Market Index.
Learn more about Teck at www.teck.com or follow @TeckResources Job Segment:
Coal Mining, Sustainability, Geology, Social Media, Mining, Energy, Engineering, Marketing
Construction, Mining and Trades