We are hiring a General Production Worker for day-to-day support in manufacturing including fabrication, finishing, assembly, packaging, or shipping of kitchen cabinets and parts.
- Read and understand work orders and other production paperwork.
- Daily preventative maintenance of tools, work area, and equipment.
- The Finishing department includes loading/unloading parts on the finishing line, and sanding solid wood doors in preparation for stain.
- The Fabrication department includes dovetail and operating machines such as panels and chop saw.
- The Assembly department includes assembling prefabricated parts on an assembly line, or at workbenches using screw guns, staple guns, operating clamp machines, and other hand tools.
- The Shipping department includes loading/unloading finished goods off conveyor parts, and organizing them for shipment.
- Opportunities to perform other duties as delegated by management.
Skills and Requirements:
- Some warehouse experience.
- Able to lift 50 pounds and stand, walk, bend, etc. for 8 hours a day.
- Effective English reading, writing, and comprehension skills.
- Time management, prioritization skills, and attention to detail.
- Self-motivated and can work without direct supervision.
We offer competitive wages along with a comprehensive benefits package including extended health care, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, vacation, company RRSP, free on-site parking, work-life balance (no weekend work), and much more.
Starting wage: Hourly wage $15.20
All team members will be provided training and cross-training in a variety of roles throughout the Merit's manufacturing process.
We are proud to be an inclusive workplace committed to building a team culture. Merit Kitchens provides opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, religion, national origin, age, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, persons with disabilities, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.