Are you motived by hard work, love working outdoors, learning new skills and being part of an organization that is passionate about your development, then we want to hear from you. Tolko is looking to add General Forest Workers to our existing Woodlands team.Responsibilities:
Under the direction of an Operations Supervisor, the General Forest Worker is engaged in the following activities:
- general forestry work
- forest development activities,
- field marking, data collection, and other related duties as assigned.
- Hiking in remote forested conditions while carrying heavy loads (no trails)
- Working in uncontrolled natural settings, with weather, wildlife, and other natural hazards;
- Assisting Forest Technicians with field and office work
- Office duties include:
- Data entry and working with specialized software systems
- Administrative duties
- Drafting plans, organizing data, and other general office/forestry tasks
This is a unionized position, within the United Steelworkers Local 1—423. Compensation is governed by the Southern Interior Master Agreement. This position currently pays $31.66/hour.What We’re Looking For:
What We Offer:
- A proven commitment to safety;
- A desire and ability to work outdoors in all weather conditions, good and bad;
- A demonstrated ability to meet performance measures;
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, organizational, and team collaboration skills;
- A valid driver’s license is required;
- Experience with the Office 365 (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc), GIS, and other computer applications is an asset;
- An understanding of forest policy, guidelines, and regulations is an asset.
- Ability to drive a 4x4 truck on forest roads – towing and backing up a trailer is an asset
- Experience with ATV/Snowmobile operation is an asset
- An unyielding commitment to your personal safety
- Competitive pay and exceptional benefits
- The opportunity to work with the best and brightest in the industry
- A positive, dynamic, and inclusive work environment
- An open, innovative culture with diverse opportunities
- A commitment to investing in our people through training and development
- The chance to live (and play) where you work
Want to know what it’s like to work for Tolko? Click hereWho We Are:
With state-of-the-art operations across western Canada, Tolko is a leading manufacturer of a wide range of forest products for customers around the world. For over 60 years, our family-owned company has been recognized by customers and business partners for being reliable, flexible, efficient and offering quality products. With the third generation of family leadership, we’re continuing that legacy today in our divisions throughout western Canada and joint ventures in the Southern United States.
At Tolko, our values, vision and mission aren’t just what we believe. They’re how we work, live and serve our customers every day. Fundamental to our success is a diverse and committed workforce that thrives on change, building relationships, and a drive toward excellence.Grow Here, Achieve More:
When you join Tolko, you’ll develop your skills and be encouraged to pursue diverse opportunities with a company that’s built on integrity, respect, and provides employees with the inclusive environment, support and opportunity to build great lives.If this position sounds like a fit for you, we’d love to hear from you! Applications will be accepted at www.tolko.com until the position is filled.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Follow us on LinkedIn
, and Twitter
to stay up to date on Tolko news and job postings.