UNLIMITED POSSIBILITIES AHEAD.
Position: General Accounting Associate
Status: Full-Time: 12-month Contract
Dealership: OpenRoad Head Office Burnaby
We believe in doing good for our customers and for ourselves. Whether it's launching the most anticipated model of the year or purchasing a vehicle for your next adventure, great people and relationships are at every turn with OpenRoad.
We are proud of our forward-thinking culture developed over 40 years of continuous improvement initiatives. OpenRoad is one of the largest and fastest growing automotive retail groups in the country (representing 21 automotive brands across 34 locations) with a shared vision to become the national automotive leader in customer experience. As one of Canada's Best Employers and Best Managed Companies, we are looking for team players who are excited to continually learn, work hard, and take ownership of their role.
If you love the idea of joining an organization with unlimited possibilities to accelerate your career, then apply to OpenRoad and grow with us today!A Career at OpenRoad Means You'll Enjoy:
- Opportunity to work with a variety of OEM BRANDS including; Acura Audi, BMW, Genesis, Honda, Hyundai, Infiniti, Jaguar, Land Rover, Lexus, Mazda, Mercedes-Benz, MINI, Porsche, Rolls-Royce, Subaru, Toyota, Volkswagen
- Amazing Incentives including but not limited to: Discounted Vehicle Purchasing Program, Boot Allowance, Computer Rebate Program, Employee Referral Program, Employer RRSP Matching
- Internal and external, training & development opportunities for skill-development and growth
- Be part of a collaborative, friendly and progressive work-culture with an emphasis on transparency, innovation, relationship and empowerment
- Comprehensive extended health and dental plan, tailored around Associate wellness
- Recognition and Engagement Events!
- Post vehicle sales onto GL/Review vehicle deals on daily basis
- Check car deal paperwork for compliance
- Prepare month-end Cardesk packages
- In charge of asset, liability and capital account entries by compiling and analyzing account information
- Reconcile financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information
- Contribute to a strong relationship through positive interactions with Business Unit
- Assist with preparations for audits
- Responsibilities also include (but are not limited to) analyzing trends, costs, revenues, financial commitments
- Responsible of reconciling schedules by communicating with business units
- Perform financial activities including month-end/year-end closing/submission, analysis, and reconciliation of general ledger accounts in timely manner
- Perform daily vehicle flooring payout/chattel
- Keep track of payments and receipts between dealership and manufacturer.
What it takes to be part of our dynamic team:
- Familiarity and experience with CDK is a plus
- CPA is preferred• Detail oriented and highly organized
- Strong interpersonal skills & ability to work in a team environment
- Skilled in time management and the ability to prioritize tasks
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or equivalent work experience
- 3+ year Experience with creating financial statements
Internal Candidates MUST apply by filling out the Internal Endorsement Form on the Intranet. Failure to complete the form will cause a delay in your application.
We are an equal opportunity employer that embraces diversity. We stand behind the growth of our associates to help them achieve their vision and goals.
JOIN US AND GROW WITH US!
We thank all those that have applied. Only those considered for the position will be contacted.