IT/IQ Tech Recruiters is seeking a Functional and API Tester to join our client in Vancouver, BC.
Why work with our client?
- Reputable organization
- Large enterprise projects constantly on the go
- Strong work-life balance
- Develop, update and maintain high-quality test plans, cases, scripts for all levels of testing
- Create and execute API test cases via Postman or SOAPUI
- Work with technical developers and test leads to develop and write appropriate test cases
- Identify and automate API testing scripts
- Educate and work with functional users on testing processes and tools
Top Skills Required
- 3+ years of QA experience (test case preparation, execution, defect management)
- 2+ years of hands-on testing (manual and automated) with knowledge of QA concepts, automation tools, and REST API testing frameworks.
- 2+ years of hands-on API testing using tools such as Postman and SOAPUI
- Proficiency in testing APIs, backend services, and databases.
- Knowledge in JSON, XML, and HTML.
- Experience and understanding of integration, system, functional, and user acceptance testing process.
- Ability to prioritize work tasks in a fast-paced dynamic environment and work manage multiple activities in fluid situations.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to work collaboratively with technical and non-technical teams.
- Ability to triage defects and coordinate resolution between developers and business users
- Experience using JIRA a must
- Experience using JAMA as a test case management tool an asset
- Experience with MuleSoft testing an asset
- Experience with Workday testing an asset
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada
Why work with us?
- Build a long-term relationship with an experienced recruitment expert
- Access to the ‘hidden’ job market – opportunities across Canada that aren’t posted on job boards
- Get a high-level understanding of market dynamics affecting your industry
- Gain insight into the culture of the company you’re applying for before submitting your profile
IT/IQ Tech Recruiters provides contract and permanent IT recruitment services to employers across Canada. We have a specialized approach to recruiting, segmenting our recruitment teams into specialty practice areas focusing on Development, PMO, Infrastructure, and BI/CRM/ERP skill sets.
This approach enables our recruiters to become specialists; they know the market and work hard to understand each candidates’ capabilities, goals, career ambitions and quickly present them with the best possible opportunities. We are committed to helping candidates develop their careers and to helping our clients grow their business and complete important projects successfully.
We create opportunities for IT Professionals to empower business.