Founded in 2013, Lighthouse Labs is an immersive, modern approach to teaching web and mobile software development. With a hands on curriculum built by a community of industry experts, Lighthouse Labs focuses on transforming passionate people into agile programmers.
Lighthouse Labs is excited to be partnered with the Okanagan College to be delivering a unique blend of our web and iOS fundamentals course as part of their continuing studies program. We are currently seeking an instructor for the web part of the course (Oct 11- Nov 10) and both an instructor and mentors for the iOS part of the course (Nov 15- Dec 15). Teaching at Lighthouse Labs is secondary to most developers' primary responsibility and our course runs Tuesday and Thursday evenings from 6-9pm. Each portion of the course is 5 weeks.
It's consists of only 1 hour of teaching (well structured and quick to train on how to deliver) followed by 2 hours of helping the students as they code. Mentors & Instructors are responsible for handling any and all questions that come up. This includes pair programming and debugging issues with them, which in most cases is more valuable for the students than giving them an answer. Also, code reviewing to help students refactor their code.
At least 2 years in the following languages
- At least 2 years of professional experience in iOS development OR
- HTML/ CSS
- ActiveRecord + SQL + MongoDB
- Ruby / Rails
How to Apply
- Passion for teaching and helping others
- Strong communication skills, articulating and explaining concepts
- Have mentored junior developers in a professional or personal capacity
- Previous teaching experience is not required. (We've been doing this for a while, have 50+ p/t teachers and know exactly how to bring new teachers up to speed)
Please send an email with your interest to [email protected]
Posted: November 15, 2016
Closes:January 14, 2017