120534 Work Area:
Software-Design and Development Expected Travel:
0 - 10% Career Status:
Professional Employment Type:
Regular Full Time COMPANY DESCRIPTION
As market leader in enterprise application software, SAP helps companies of all sizes and industries innovate through simplification. From the back office to the boardroom, warehouse to storefront, on premise to cloud, desktop to mobile device – SAP empowers people and organizations to work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively to stay ahead of the competition. SAP applications and services enable customers to operate profitably, adapt continuously, and grow sustainably.
PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES:
As a Full Stack Developer on the SAP Jam team, your work will span across our web, mobile, and desktop clients—from the client, to the application servers and to the database.
Do you want the satisfaction of knowing that your work makes a positive impact on over 34 million users across many large corporate clients?
Join our elite team that is working on cutting-edge, zero-downtime deployment engineering techniques for enterprise cloud systems.
The successful applicant will:
• Love building both beautiful web user interfaces and cloud computing systems that scale to millions of users
• Learn quickly by jumping directly into code, making sense of it, and making solid changes with little or no supervision
• Have a solid understanding of web application architectures, including client-side AJAX, HTTP requests, multithreaded servers, and databases
• Be determined to make software work, and to understand the root cause of each defect
• Be passionate about continuously improving at writing solid code quickly and a refusal to believe that it cannot be done
• Be committed to continuously improving his or her technical, architecture, leadership, presentation, and teamwork skill
EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS:
• Drive, design, and develop new features by working with Product Management, User Experience, and Software Testing to elaborate on features, estimate task time, and then quickly write high-quality code for complex features
• Work in a scrum development project model, with a daily team scrum meeting, an automated test suite that you run before every code check-in, and a weekly production release deployment
• Participate actively in requirement, design, and code reviews
• Be responsible for the overall architecture of a significant product area.
• Potentially serve as a part-time feature lead, with responsibility for driving a virtual team’s delivery of a feature
• Interface across teams and actively influence creation of technical solutions across functions and outside our own team.
3+ years of experience in developing web applications, enterprise applications, or complex software
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATION / SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
• Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Computer Science or Engineering
• You learn and work well independently, as well as in a team
• Experience with one of Java, Objective-C, C++, or .NET on Linux, Windows, iOS, Mac OS X or Unix
• Basic understanding of TCP/IP (IPv4 or IPv6) networking (ports and addresses)
• Experience with SQL databases
• Experience with source control systems such as git, Subversion, Perforce, Mercurial, Visual SourceSafe, etc.
• Experience releasing software in a continuous or frequent deployment model
• Experience with Ruby-on-Rails and AJAX
• Experience with a Linux shell and vi/emacs
• Knowledge of REST web services
• Knowledge of in-memory caches and databases such as memcached, Redis, SAP HANA, etc.
• Deeper knowledge of TCP/IP networking and security: packet/LAN sniffers, XSS, CSRF, encryption, HTTPS, SMTP/POP, DNS, etc.
• Advanced debugging skills and tools: ability to isolate memory leaks, memory corruptions, and deadlocks; some experience with a code profiler
• Advanced software development skills: process/thread synchronization and management, C/C++ SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations team (Americas: Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com
, APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com
, EMEA: firstname.lastname@example.org
). Requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Additional Locations: No SelectionJob Segment:
Developer, Cloud, Product Manager, SAP, ERP, Technology, Operations