At Teledyne FLIR, we have a simple but ambitious mission: to develop market-leading thermal and sensing technologies which enhance everyday life. From saving energy, to saving lives Teledyne FLIR is making a real difference in our world.
Our products are used in a wide array of situations to rescue people in danger, detect criminals, conserve energy, navigate safely, provide security around the globe, and protect our environment.
We are looking for individuals who thrive on making an impact and want the excitement of being on a team that wins.Job DescriptionJob Summary:
Are you a creative mind who wants to transform the future of machine vision industry? Here is your chance to join our digital transformation journey. We are looking for a highly motivated individual with strong independent problem-solving skills to design and develop an end-to-end digital platform. You will be part of a small agile team prototyping the new and exciting web-based digital platform products. Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Making technical recommendations according to the product vision and product requirements
- Reviewing existing off-the-shelf products that can be integrated and built upon. Assessing scalability, efficiency, and maintainability of these platforms.
- Integrating, customizing, and deploying prototypes to validate product ideas
- Collaborating with product management and designers to iteratively refine the product
You will have the flexibility to decide the technology stack to be used. Experience with the following will be beneficial:
- Knowledgeablein backend development and programming languages such as Python, Java, and NodeJS.
- Experience with SQL or NoSQL databases
- Cloud deployment technologies such as Amazon Web Services or Microsoft Azure
- Experience integrating with 3rd party APIs
- Version control systems, such as Git
- Security best practices
- Good practices of documenting your code and assumptions
- Excellent communication skills. The ability to explain concepts clearly to people with various technical background.
Nice to have:
- Experience in digital transformation
- Setting up Continuous Integration systems
- Working knowledge or exposure to C/C++
- Previous experience with machine vision industry
- Knowledge in computer vision, optics, and/or signal processing
- Flexible work arrangement
- Fully subsidized cafeteria, free transit pass, on-site bike room and showers
Teledyne FLIR and all of our employees are committed to conducting business with the highest ethical standards. We require all employees to comply with all applicable laws, regulations, rules and regulatory orders. Our reputation for honesty, integrity and high ethics is as important to us as our reputation for making innovative sensing solutions.
Teledyne FLIR is an equal opportunity employer.