Job Description Summary
STEMSOFT Software is looking for a senior full stack software developer to join our Product team! This is an exciting opportunity to contribute to every layer of our software, including design, coding, testing, debugging, and documentation on all aspects of our products in an Agile/TDD (Test-Driven Development) environment. This role is integral to developing and executing technical strategy, providing architectural and design input, and advocating for our customers.
Join us in our mission to create innovative software products that empower the cell therapy community to discover and deliver effective treatments. Physicians and scientists using cellular therapy and regenerative medicine to treat cancer, immune disorders, and genetic conditions, are among those that rely on our software to help manufacture treatments and monitor their patients. This area of medicine is rapidly expanding, requiring highly sophisticated tools to address new scientific breakthroughs, as well as constantly evolving operational and regulatory challenges (STEMSOFT is a division of STEMCELL Technologies Canada, Inc.).Job Description Duties and Responsibilities
Knowledge and Qualifications
- Full stack software development: testing, coding, debugging, and documentation in a team environment with regular peer code review sessions
- Contribute to technical strategy while thinking with a strategic, long-term mindset about products
- Act as an advocate for end-users, incorporating feedback from current as well as future use of software products
- Be actively engaged in team success, while investing in training and mentoring of junior team members, as required
- Computer Science degree and/or relevant technical experience
- 6+ years full stack development experience in a Microsoft environment using technologies like C#, Angular, T-SQL, Entity Framework, and WebAPI/MVC
- Background in product development with a strong understanding of the software development lifecycle, including understanding of Agile development practices including TDD, Lean, and Kanban
- Strong verbal and written communication skills while working within a team environment, with a passion for quality and end-user satisfaction, with a continuous improvement mindset
- Bonus points for experience with acceptance test-driven development, automated testing frameworks (ex. FitNesse or Selenium), platform migrations and .NET Core, and familiarity with general laboratory and healthcare concepts
The ideal candidate for this role will be located in the Greater Vancouver area and mainly work remotely/from home; however, exceptional candidates outside this geographic area will be considered with the expectation that work hours will coincide with Pacific Standard Time. In person meetings typically occur on a quarterly basis with more frequent (and optional) social events in between.
This role requires being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as per STEMCELL's vaccination policy, the current recommendations by local health authorities and as required by public health orders in place from time to time, including any COVID-19 boosters as recommended by local health authorities and as required by public health orders in place from time to time.
STEMCELL Technologies Inc. is a privately-owned biotechnology company based in Vancouver that helps power leading-edge life science research around the world. Scientists performing stem cell, immunology, cancer, regenerative medicine and cellular therapy research are among those who rely on our cell culture media, cell separation products, instruments, ancillary reagents and contract assay services. We create novel, useful, standardized products of unfailing quality and deliver them to more than 70 countries via our many regional offices plus distribution centres in Vancouver, Seattle, Grenoble and Singapore. Driven by our love of science and our passion for quality, we see ourselves simply as "Scientists Helping Scientists" - standing by our customers to provide outstanding products, technical support and training. We have over 1000 science-oriented employees globally, including 250 PhDs/MScs, with most others holding a BSc or engineering degree. STEMCELL is proud to be the largest Biotechnology employer in Canada.
This is an opportunity to work with highly motivated colleagues in a science-oriented, creative, and dynamic environment. We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits, and meaningful career development opportunities.
STEMCELL is well recognized for exceptional leadership and business practices. We are one of Canada's Best Managed Companies and operate an ISO 14001-certified environmental management system to measure and reduce our environmental impact.
As an equal opportunity employer, STEMCELL is dedicated to ensuring that every employee feels safe, valued, and respected for who they are. We know that scientific progress and innovation occur when diverse, creative minds come together and we are committed to nurturing a culture of inclusivity and belonging. STEMCELL enforces a zero-tolerance policy for any form of discrimination. Selection decisions are solely based on job-related factors.
NOTE: STEMCELL's vaccination policy requires that all candidates for this role be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (including with boosters) against COVID-19, as currently recommended or required by local health authorities and public health orders.
To apply, please select the "Apply" button below. You will then be directed to a login screen asking you to set up an account, which is required to apply.