Work at an award-winning top employer! If you are looking for an empowering and progressive place to build your career, then you've landed in the right place at BCAA. With our corporate Head Office in Burnaby and locations around BC, we offer a wide variety of opportunities all across the province. Go the extra mile and share our vision to be the most trusted organization in British Columbia, absolutely famous for doing the right thing. Aon Hewitt has announced BCAA as a 2019 Platinum Level Best Employer! What BCAA offers you:
Our digital team is growing and we are looking for a Full-Stack Developer.
- It's not in our nature to brag but we are proud of some of our achievements that recognize great employee culture. Some of our latest awards include being a 2019 Platinum level Best Employer by AON and being recognized as a 2018 Outstanding Workplace by YWCA.
- Our team members get to make a difference in the lives of our Members and their communities every day.
- We pride ourselves in being open and transparent and in empowering our people to do great work while serving our Members.
- We enthusiastically support learning and advancement opportunities for our team members.
- We are an equal opportunity employer that's committed to accessible, inclusive employment.
- Our Regular Full-Time & Part-Time+ (working 20 hours or more per week) status team members are eligible to participate in our amazing Total Rewards Program which offers: Extended Health and Dental, Vision Care, Life Insurance, RRSP matching with company contribution to your pension, access to Incentive Programs, Team Profit Sharing, Employee & Family Assistance Program and more.
- Team members at our Home Office also get to use our Shared EV (electric vehicle) Program, have access to our subsidized cafeteria and free fitness centre.
You will play a key role in BCAA's digital team, as we guide the company through the exciting digital transformation process. The successful candidate will be dynamic individual with digital mindset that likes to work on web/mobile products and technologies.
To compete in our digital world, companies must offer smart digital products and services that are easily accessible over every device. You will help us build online and mobile solutions that integrate variety of cloud/SAS services from insuretech, fintech, Bots/RPA, CRM (…) and traditional core systems/platforms into a seamless, digital customer experience. You are curious and comfortable working with and integrating unfamiliar technology.
We are looking for Intermediate developers who can pick up any technology quickly and is comfortable jumping into platforms and various code bases.
Your love to play and learn will help us put together prototypes and solutions that solve customer problems and enhance their engagement & interactions across all channels. Quality is as important as speed and you are comfortable writing tests/documentation -experience with test driven development is a plus.
While playing a key role in digital initiatives, you will be part of a team where your voice is heard, and your contributions are recognized and rewarded. You will be part of a digital foundry team working closely with other developers, product/UX/UI designer, Cloud Solution Architect, eComm specialist and you will take part in innovation and ideation sessions led by experience/customer design team. You will have an opportunity to build relations across the organization and help us develop relevant competency centers with representatives from IT, Marketing, Evo and other business areas.
We value independent thinking, initiative, teamwork, a relentless pursuit of quality, a playful spirit, and a sense of humour. We like smart people - IQ and EQ - change-makers with strong shared values that want to positively impact lives of British Columbians and our communities.
Success in this role looks like: Effectively building and deploying applications on any platform to quickly validate or invalidate product concepts. Soft Skills/Leadership/Collaboration:
Constantly look for better/faster ways of solving technical problems and designing the solution, not afraid of challenging the status quo
Work with UI/UX designers and CX/Design Thinking teams to design and build web and mobile solutions to identified customer problems Build Solutions for customer problems:
- HTML5, CSS3, responsive design OR React Native
- Amazon Web Services (authentication, gateway API, lambda/EC2)
- Java or .Net or Hibernate or Node.js
- RESTful web services, web application architecture
- 3rd party SaaS integration
- MySQL, Postgres, SQL Server
- Automate Testing, CI/CD, Monitoring
- Write tests and documentation as you implement features with your team
- Participate in code reviews and business/technical discussions
- Develop solutions that are maintainable, scalable, performant and secure
- Agile/SCRUM - participate in daily/weekly agile ceremonies
- 3-4 years working in customer-facing development role
- 1-2 years of Full-Stack development experience
- Experience working with AngularJS or ReactJS, React Native, HTML, CSS, jQuery, REST API's
- Experience with backend technologies including PHP or Java/Ruby or .Net, NodeJS/ReactJS, sql/nosql DB's, AWS (RDS, S3, Lambda, Cognito)
- Test Driven Development and automated testing, including external dependencies
- Git, CI/CD, monitoring
- Experience with Docker and Docker orchestration systems such as Kubernetes and Amazon ECR
- Experience developing on ecommerce platforms
- Have been involved in mobile apps development
- Presentation skills and comfortable speaking with CIOs/CTOs, enterprise architects, management, and developers
- Agile team experience
- Experience with Agile approach to software development (Scrum or XP)
We aspire to be one of the best places to work for those who value integrity, teamwork and sustainability. Each of us will grow personally and professionally by doing engaging work with inspiring people.
Banking, Finance and Insurance