When you’re passionate about what you do and where you work, the rest comes easy. That’s the culture at Central 1 Credit Union, and that’s precisely what we’re looking for from you. Supporting nearly 150 member credit unions across British Columbia and Ontario, we’re the backbone of the credit union system in both provinces – taking care of everything from online services and product development, to payment processing, trade association services and more.
Our team of over 600 employees represent some of the most innovative, passionate individuals you’ll ever meet; people who honestly care about the organization, its members and each other. In other words, people who love what they do.
The Full Stack Developer designs technical solutions and performs complex programming and troubleshooting activities. This position will be working on an application used Canada wide with a focus on helping to develop an enterprise framework. For those interested in a big software challenge this is the role for you!
You’ll be primarily accountable for:
• Designing, writing code, and completing complex programming proficiently with a high level of quality
• Providing input into and following established development guidelines and standards
• Providing input to design proposals to reflect costs, time required and alternative approaches to satisfy existing and future needs
• Conducting detailed analysis of defined systems specifications, developing and
documenting designs that meet applicable standards, and identifying, analyzing
and resolving diverse software inadequacies
• Providing design recommendations and feedback to improve visual design and usability. Working with visual designers to make best use of interface technology to achieve design goals
• Giving technical presentations
• Performing other duties as required to deliver exceptional service and to support Central 1’s business goals
As the successful applicant, you have a university degree in computer science/ or software engineering (or equivalent) and 5+ years’ of relevant Web and Java Developer experience.
• Hands on experience with client-side development of web applications,
(including MVC patterns, JQuery and one of the following: Angular, Angular 2 and React)
• Strong understanding of Java programming language and best practices
• Experience with Java based web presentation frameworks (i.e. JSP’s, JSF, other)
• Experience with Object-Oriented and Service-Oriented Architecture, applications design, object modeling and data modelling
• Version control systems (SVN,Git) and continuous integration systems (Bamboo, Jenkins)
• Highly developed analytical, problem solving, organizational and time management skills
• Experience working with agile/scrum software development methodology
• Strong collaboration and people skills
As much as we believe in working hard, we also believe in personal growth and taking time for ourselves. Accordingly, our total rewards philosophy amounts to one of the best compensation and benefits packages in the industry – from performance-based incentives and extended benefits, to training and education reimbursements and ample vacation time.
Reporting to: Manager, Development
Date Posted: September 29, 2016
*Unsolicited resumes from vendors will not be accepted for this or any position at Central 1*
Connect with employer:
About Central 1 Credit Union
When you’re passionate about what you do and where you work, the rest comes easy. That’s the culture at Central 1 Credit Union, and that’s precisely what we’re looking for from you. Supporting near...