You are a passionate frontend engineer who wants to work with some of the top talent in Vancouver. You want to play a key role in building a new cloud based big data analytics and visualisation app that can scale to our customer base of 14,000+ organizations. You are a continuous learner and are not afraid to challenge the status quo. You welcome non-traditional challenges that involve the processing of very large datasets. You want to work with smart and fun people and use the latest tools.
ACL allows you to be that and more. We are big enough to not have to worry about funding and yet we are as disruptive as a startup. We invest heavily in our R&D team who are continuously shipping new cutting edge products.
- Closely collaborate with a cross-functional team in an agile environment
- Learn and apply best practices and technology in writing front-end web applications
- Work closely with our UX designers to bring new, beautiful user experiences to life
- Play an active part of shaping our product, engineering culture, processes, and codebase
- Love to code and have built a few single page applications
- Are familiar with building reusable UI components
- Have a few languages or frameworks under your belt and find it easy to pick up something new
- Are a technologist and relish in exploring new technologies or libraries
- Have a degree in computer science, engineering, math, or equivalent experience
- Have 2+ years professional experience building web applications using front-end technologies
or you're a superstar new grad with a portfolio of quality co-op/OSS development experience
- Have the courage to express your opinions, and the humility to accept the team's decisions
You are extra awesome if you:
- Can explain why React and Redux are better/worse than framework X
- Have a passion for UX and creating easy to use software; an eye for graphical design
- Have worked with backend technology and databases
- Know how to structure a codebase to keep it modular and maintainable as it grows
- Are actively involved in local meetups or the open source community
- Have experience with big data analytics, machine learning, R, etc.
- Enjoy one or more of our full stack indoor games: foosball, ping pong, and pool
Why you'll love it here
ACL is a company with spunk and energy. Things are happening. There's excitement and positive energy and growth.
You'll get to work at a company where the product folks know the customers and domain really well and are innovating the industry. And, just as importantly, at a company that values R&D and invests heavily in us because they believe in their product ideas and our ability to deliver them.
You'll get to work at a brand new, beautiful office downtown, with an active social culture at lunch and after work.