Reporting to the Executive Director, the Front Office/Environment Manager is responsible for managing our reception area. You will act as the “face” of the Florentine and ensure our clients (visitors and residents) receive professional and friendly service, managing the Housekeeping Dept. including the supervision and direction of the Housekeeping staff and cleaning services for the entire building. You will also coordinate all front desk activities which will include answering and directing incoming calls and providing comprehensive administrative and clerical support to the Executive Director.
The responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to the following:
Front Office Manager
- Greet, welcome and direct visitors to the appropriate person and office;
- Answer, screen and forward incoming phone calls to appropriate department;
- Coordination of Facility tours for potential clients
- Provide basic and accurate information in-person and via phone/email;
- Receive, sort and distribute daily mail/deliveries;
- Order front office supplies, and keep inventory of stock;
- Ensure reception area is tidy and presentable, with all necessary stationery and material;
- Maintain facility security by following safety procedures and controlling access via the reception desk (monitor logbook);
- Oversee the assignment and return protocol of functional key fobs, mail keys and pendants to residents and staff;
- Make and record appointment details for residents as required, including leased hairdresser and foot care services
- Liaise with the following service providers: computer, telephone and cable/internet technicians, delivery people, post office personnel & services, etc.
- Report all resident and resident family complaints and incidents to Executive Director for investigation and follow up;
- Perform shift coverage call-outs and documentation, as per collective agreement parameters, for all departments as required; and,
- Participate in organized promotional activities, as directed;
- Perform miscellaneous administrative duties as assigned by Executive Director such as filing, photocopying, faxing, updating and maintaining facility policies & procedures, create required documents using MS Office;
- Manage and organize staff and resident guest meal tickets; and,
- Other miscellaneous related duties as assigned.
- Coordinate Housekeeping Department & duties which include:
- Responsible for the supervision and direction of Housekeeping staff & cleaning services for entire building; including overall routine and special request cleaning chores.
- Performance management and support of Housekeeping staff.
- Daily shift scheduling and time card authorization for Housekeeping Department.
- Implement, enforce and evaluate Housekeeping Department Policy & Procedures.
- Responsible for following and responding to audits of Housekeeping Department , as per established guidelines; and,
- Implement and maintain department budgetary needs, including the ordering of all housekeeping supplies - reporting to the Executive Director.
- Excellent customer relations/service skills; exhibiting professionalism & tact
- Computer proficiency in MS Word, Excel & Outlook
- Efficient Typing skills
- Knowledge of operating standard office equipment
- Strong administrative and organizational skills
- Ability to write, speak and interact clearly and professionally
- Strong multi-tasking and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks
- Can handle sensitive information with the highest degree of integrity and confidentiality
- Ability to function autonomously and take initiative, and, the ability to work together, as a contributing team player, in support of the goals of the management team;
- Supervisory experience an asset
Salary: $37,440.00 + Flexible Benefit Package
If this is you and you are interested in working in one of the fastest growing communities in the Interior of BC, please contact:
#105-1121 McFarlane Way
Merritt, BC V1K 1B9