Tantalus is seeking an innovative and conscientious Front-end Software Engineer with keen interest in working with a team to conceptualize, architect, and implement industry-leading solutions to complex real-world problems. The Software Engineer will be responsible for working closely with a cross-functional team on the design and delivery of new and innovative solutions that build on the TUNet Insight platform.
TUNet Insight is an expanding platform that grows with each new opportunity. The candidate will contribute directly to creative solutions within a small results-focused team. This team is focused on the challenges inherent in large, dynamic data sets and in supporting a growing suite of analytical capabilities. This includes the migration of established and essential workflows towards this new platform. The candidate will exercise a wide range of technical development skills spanning several languages and technologies and will also enjoy opportunities to directly influence the definition of upcoming work that help drive the future of the product.
This position will be based in our Burnaby, BC office.
Specifically, the Software Engineer will:
- Develop, integrate and implement applications components including front-end development, server-side development and database integration.
- Play a direct role in programming, maintenance, technical support, and documentation of web-centric applications.
- Research, track and understand new web technologies.
- Work within an agile development team to design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve software.
- Contribute to a fully automated test and verification environment to ensure the highest quality products.
- Troubleshoot field issues.
What you Bring:
Education and Experience
- University degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics or related discipline is preferred
- Experience working with a major modern web development framework such as Angular or React
- Experience with a major modern statically-typed language such as Java or C#
- Thorough comprehension of core OO concepts
- Comprehension of fundamental SQL concepts
- Experience through coursework or work-experience with software architecture & application development within a large complex system
- Familiarity with software development industry best practices
- Previous experience in Test Driven Development and test automation is an asset
- Experience in Spring MVC is an asset
- Experience in a Linux environment is an asset
Personal Attributes Required:
- Excellent collaborative and interpersonal skills
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Ability to diligently pursue unknowns in a design specification to minimize uncertainty
- Ability to think critically and effectively problem solve
- Strong technical aptitude, with a pragmatic, thoughtful approach to challenging problems
- Self-motivated and able to work independently while exercising proactivity, flexibility and sound judgement
- Strong organizational and planning skills with meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to effectively prioritize and multi-task, and remain focused in a fast paced, high volume work environment
Software and Programming Information Technology