Amazon API Gateway, an AWS service, is rapidly changing how every company, from 2-person startups to the largest of the Fortune 100, think about building and delivering serverless and traditional applications in the cloud. API Gateway is the front-door of the Serverless revolution, an approach that lets customers turn business logic and application code into scalable, fault-tolerant production without requiring every developer to become an expert in , deployment technologies, and infrastructure management. API Gateway turns daunting tasks such as traffic management, authentication, and authorization, monitoring and API versioning into easily configurable steps. It then helps companies to build their developer eco- and turns their sets and business logic into new revenue streams.
In 2020, the API Gateway team created a new team in Vancouver, Canada that is building and expanding our API Management offering. You will one the front end for API Gateway and ensuring that we are delivering a customer experience that delights our customers. If you are excited about cloud computing and building frictionless, highly available and large-scale services used by millions of users, then join us in making the Serverless revolution ubiquitous. This is an opportunity to get on the ground floor in shaping the future of our API management solution that will have impact within API Gateway and beyond.
We're looking for engineers who have a strong sense of ownership and drive. Who thrive when faced with ambiguous problems and are able to devise unique solutions for them from to production. All of that while guiding and mentoring others along the way. For this role in specific, our ideal candidate has a deep understanding of browser technology along with , Redux, , CSS and HTML. Thereby enabling them them to help set the technical direction for our front end solutions.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• 7+ years professional experience in software development.
• Solid knowledge in usability, design systems, React, Redux, CSS and HTML.
• Proficiency in or other frameworks such as Vue.js, Inferno.js, Ember or the likes thereof.
• A strong understanding of UX and design.
• Experience designing and building sophisticated, frictionless web applications.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong sense of ownership, urgency and drive.PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Strong skills and sound knowledge of best practices with the ability to incorporate into solutions.
• Experience building large-scale web applications.
• Keen interest in staying current with the latest trends and technologies in the industry.
• Experience leading and mentoring junior engineers on good software practices and reviews.
• Experience with operation of production systems
Software and Programming