Are you looking for your next big challenge to visualize your creative ideas into seamless customer experiences? Then look no further! The Gift Cards team is looking for an experienced, results-oriented Front End Engineer capable of building a world class customer experience on the Amazon retail website, to power Amazon's Gift Card systems.
We are the Internet's premier gift card of choice, and are continuously innovating and expanding our business into new product offerings and regions on behalf our customers.
The Front End Engineer will be a key member of this team and will create new functionalities as well as explore and implement leading edge UI technologies. This role offers wide scope, autonomy, and ownership. You'll be counted on to be an influential voice in decisions related to feature development, product strategy and Customer Experience, as well as lead and mentor other talented engineers in the best practices of Front End engineering. We encourage innovation, requiring someone with great judgment and a track record of building great web applications for our customers.
You will be responsible for building the best customer experience, keeping latency, security, and usability in mind. You will interact with Product Managers and Designers and convert their vision into a technical solution. You will collaborate with other Software Engineers and guide the team on web/mobile development best practices and set examples by using them in solutions that you build.
• Experience developing rich applications with HTML, CSS, JS, C#
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or other technical field, or commensurate professional experience.
• Experience with at least one modern object-oriented programming language such as Java, Rails, C++ or C#
• Experience with Computer Science fundamentals including data structures, algorithms and complexity analysisPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Experience with service-oriented architecture and web application/services development
• Familiarity with scripting languages (e.g. PHP, Ruby, Perl)
• Some front-end development experience
• Passion for performance debugging and benchmarking
• Ability to clearly and concisely communicate with technical and non-technical stakeholders across all levels of the organization
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Software and Programming