Amazon Web Services (AWS) is the world leader in providing a highly reliable, scalable, low-cost infrastructure platform in the cloud that powers tens of thousands of businesses around the world! The orchestration team owns and operates AWS Step Functions, which provides AWS customers with the cloud infrastructure that makes it easy to coordinate the components of distributed applications and microservices using visual workflows. Building applications from individual components that each perform a discrete function lets you scale and change applications quickly. It's a core architectural component of the critical systems for Amazon as well as many customers running on AWS.
The Step Functions service and the team is growing fast, and is innovating in big and brand new feature areas. We are looking for a Front End Engineer to design and build an amazing experience for customers using the Step Functions service. How do you know if you are a good fit for us? You are fascinated by and want to innovate in complex systems that operate at scale. You love customers. When our customers ask for the next big feature, you know this means you'll be able to truly dig into the solution and get it done right. You love owning the project from idea to production, delivering not only in the implementation but in all phases from the kernel of an idea to quickly getting that battle-tested code into production. You enjoy collaborating with your teammates. You love working in agile programming environments and running fast to deliver evolution for your AWS services.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelors or Masters Degree in Computer Science or related field
• 5+ years professional experience in software development
• Extensive experience with front-end technologies and frameworks like React, Redux, Ember or Angular and RESTful web services
• Experience designing and building sophisticated, efficient, and delightful user interfaces
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, sense of ownership, urgency and drivePREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• MS or PhD in Computer Science.
• Experience designing, developing, and deploying large-scale distributed systems.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, sense of ownership, urgency and drive
• Experience using Amazon Web Services (AWS)
Software and Programming