Come join the Marketplace Team in our mission to change the way enterprise software are bought and sold! Marketplace enables software sellers to reach all customers; and enables software buyers to easily discover, purchase and consume software. Our goals include enriching the platform to support more diverse selection, improving buyer and seller experience and implementing new ideas to add new dimensions to the product. Our vision is to make Marketplace one stop shop for buying and selling software just like Amazon.com is for retail.
We are looking for an experienced Front end engineer to help the team take Marketplace to the next level. As a Front end engineer on the team you will own significant portions of the product and will have significant influence on our strategy by helping define the next wave of product features and system architecture. The systems are complex and there are huge opportunities to work at all levels from the front end user experience, to a set of robust platform services, to system level pieces and everything in between. You should be somebody who enjoys working on complex system software, is customer-centric, and is passionate about building quality software as well as achieving operational excellence. A commitment to team work, hustle, and strong communication skills (to both business and technical partners) are essential.
The ideal candidate will have a demonstrable track record of success delivering new features or products. This person has thrived and succeeded in delivering high quality technology products/services in a hyper-growth environment where priorities shift fast. He or she has strong and implementation experience, strong knowledge of web services and protocols, and an in-depth knowledge of systems architectures. Experience with asynchronous workflow systems is a plus.
Here at , we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren't focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we're happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well- balanced life-both in and outside of work.
Amazon is committed to providing accommodations at all stages through recruitment and employment in accordance with applicable human rights and accommodation legislation. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation, including in order to apply for a position.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related technical discipline (or equivalent experience).
• 3+ years of professional front-end development.
• Skilled with common front-end technologies such as HTML, CSS, JS, TypeScript, and Node.
• Deep experience in one or more relevant front-end frameworks such as React and cross-platform frameworks such as ReactNative.
• Experience building rich data-driven web applications by consuming RESTful services and APIs.
• Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
• Solid coding practices including peer code reviews, unit testing, and a preference for agile development.PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• 5+ years of professional front end development.
• Ability to rapidly prototype and adjust in response to customer feedback.
• Experience building front-end features that have been successfully delivered to customers for mobile applications.
• Understands how to optimize the delivery of code and assets (e.g., images, fonts) to a browser or device (e.g., lazy loading assets, using CDNs, caching, compression, etc.).
• Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical individuals.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Software and Programming