Mike Wiegele Helicopter Skiing is seeking a hardworking and entrepreneurial individual to fill the role of Front Desk Attendant.
Summary of Responsibilities:
This position is responsible for check-ins, including monitoring room blocks and juggling as necessary while coordinating with Housekeeping the progress of room readiness. The Front Desk Attendant communicates with guests to ensure guest satisfaction, reviews credit, meals, wake-up call, bag pull and other details pertinent to group stay.
This position is also responsible for various clerical tasks associated with the Front Desk, such as key filing, credit card authorization and registration card filing, and maintaining a neat and business-like atmosphere at the Front Desk. Front desk staff also perform guest accounting functions including taking advance payments and providing receipts, checking guests out, posting and transferring charges, balancing of float and shift detail at shift close, and conducting necessary paperwork related to corrections, adjustments, posting of charges.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Experience and/or education in customer service
• General office experience
• Attention to detail
• Fluent in English (written and spoken)
• Polished presentation and high level of grooming
• Second language considered an asset
Benefits of employment include
• Subsidized staff accommodation in private room or residence for $300 to $500 per month including utilities, basic internet and satellite (based on availability)
• Fitness center
• Staff rate for on-site massage therapy
• Family and friends’ discounts
• Opportunities to ski for free
• Complementary recreational opportunities such biking, canoeing, Stand Up Paddle boarding, and hiking in the summer or heli-skiing, cross-country skiing, snow shoeing in the winter
• Numerous volunteer opportunities within the community
• Discounted rates at various hotels in Kamloops, Jasper and Vernon
• Staff meal plan/ Restaurant Discounts
• 30 % off retail items in our world class boutique
• Guaranteed adventure!