British Columbia (CA-BC),Surrey Job Type:
Full Time myWork Options:
In-person, Hybrid, Remote What's the opportunity?
The Investigator, Corporate Security plays a key role in the risk management framework of Coast Capital Savings (CCS) by protecting the company, its employees and its customers against various security, safety and fraud risks. The Investigator is responsible for detecting, preventing and investigating inappropriate and/or criminal activity at CCS. The position is mandated to operate within the entire organization of CCS and its subsidiaries. What you'll get to do:
• Conduct investigations relating to external threats such as fraud, theft and robbery.
• Assist with investigations relating to inappropriate behaviour of employees (e.g. criminal offences committed against CCS).
• Assist law enforcement agencies in the investigation of criminal offences against CCS such as fraud, robbery, extortion, hostage-taking and bomb threats.
• Upon receipt of a Judicial order (e.g. search warrant), assist law enforcement or government agencies in the collection of corporate records.
• Maintain working knowledge of relevant statutes (e.g. Criminal Code) and related case law.
• Share on-call duties for matters arising during non-scheduled work hours. On-call coverage is 24 hours a day, 365 days of the year.
• Represent CCS in criminal and/or civil proceedings to provide direct or interpretive evidence on behalf of CCS.
• As required, assist with the development and/or implementation of personal and/or site security.
• Have a vehicle readily available in order to respond to serious incidents, conduct investigations and for other duties as assigned.
• Be available to travel on short notice throughout the current and future CCS market area. Travel may take place for an extended period of time.
• Perform administration tasks and provide consultative services relating to the physical security of all CCS locations (e.g. access control, alarms and camera systems).
• Conduct investigations relating to customers' claims of fraud on their accounts to evaluate the legitimacy of the claims and make recommendations regarding reimbursement.
• Conduct investigations relating to fraud on accounts in an attempt to recover funds (e.g. from another financial institution). Who are we looking for?
• Minimum 4 - 6 Years of Job-Related Experience - Retail Banking experience is a requirement.
• High School Diploma plus some additional post-secondary courses - Work experience supplemented with courses relating to law enforcement or criminology or related fields is desirable. It is ideal if the candidate has courses leading to a Diploma or Degree program in an applicable field.
• Proficient knowledge of Corporate Security-related policies/procedures is preferred; otherwise the ability to quickly learn and apply independently.
• Proficient computer skills, including keyboarding skills and sound knowledge of computer applications such as spreadsheets and word processing.
• Strong ability to learn, adapt to and effectively use new or modified software programs.
At Coast Capital, we value diversity, equity and inclusion. We're not all the same and we like it that way. We don't just accept differences - we celebrate, support, and we thrive on them for the benefit of our employees, our members, and our community. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. Why join Coast Capital? Purpose is our North Star.
We look at everything through our purpose. It informs the advice we provide our members, the experiences and products we create, and the programs we build to support our employees and communities. Committed to inclusion and engagement.
We have an ongoing focus on equity, diversity, and inclusion and routinely track how we're doing, and what we need to do to keep improving. We foster a culture where everyone can feel safe to be who they really are and thrive. A career that grows with you.
We believe in developing our people and promoting from within. Many employees have spent decades, and sometimes their entire careers, with Coast Capital and have progressed from the frontlines to senior leadership. Work where you're most effective.
In 2020 the world changed, and that includes how we work. In response to COVID-19 we launched myWork, which gives employees flexibility in where they work based on the nature of their role. Benefits that flex to the needs of you and your family.
We offer comprehensive, customizable benefits for you and your family, so you can choose what fits best for you and your lifestyle. Retirement options.
We also take care of our employees once they retire. That's why we offer the choice of a defined contribution or defined benefit pension plan or RSP's. Mortgage and auto financing benefits.
Employees save thousands on their mortgages and auto loans with best-in-category benefits. Real recognition.
We recognize excellence throughout the year, through an online community that lets employees give kudos and thanks throughout the year. We're human, which means we like to have fun with events, celebrations, and recognition throughout the year. An award winning culture.
We're a Platinum member of Canada's Best Managed Companies and are regularly recognized by Canada's Most Admired Corporate Cultures and the BC Top Employers Awards. We reinvest 10% back into the community.
When we do well, our communities do well. That's why since 2000 we've invested over $90 million into our member's communities. Double your impact.
Through our employee volunteer program, Coast Capital donates $10 for every hour you volunteer to a Canadian charity or non-profit of your choice.Equity, Diversity & Inclusion at Coast Capital
At Coast Capital, we value diversity, equity and inclusion. We're not all the same and we like it that way. We don't just accept differences - we celebrate, support, and we thrive on them for the benefit of our employees, our members, and our community. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.COVID-19 at Coast Capital
Coast Capital Savings is committed to the health and safety of our employees, member, and communities. With this commitment in mind, Coast Capital complies with all public health mandates (provincially and/or federally, as applicable) and has implemented various safety measures, including requiring all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, and making COVID vaccination a pre-condition to employment with Coast Capital. All successful applicants must provide acceptable evidence of full vaccination against COVID-19, before any contract of employment becomes final and binding, and before your start date can be set.
Exceptions may apply where vaccination is not possible for medical or religious reasons that are protected under Canadian human rights laws. Should successful applicants require a medical or religious accommodation related to vaccination please discuss whether an exception may apply with your Talent Acquisition Advisor.