Canfor is one of the world’s largest and most respected integrated forest products companies. For more than 75 years, we have been delivering top-quality lumber, pulp and paper products to our valued customers worldwide. With operations in Western Canada and the Southern United States, and sales offices around the world, you can find Canfor products in every corner of the globe. We are leaders in sustainable forest management and in converting wood residuals into green energy.
As we continue to grow our company and our markets, find out how you can grow your career with us.
This is a full time, permanent position with the successful candidate being part of the Forest Management Group Silviculture team. The Forestry Supervisor is responsible for the planning and implementation of Silviculture programs under the leadership and direction of the Silviculture Coordinator.
- Implement and manage Silviculture program activities, which include post harvest assessments, site preparation, seed collection, reforestation, silviculture surveys, brushing, weeding as well as adhering to applicable reporting requirements.
- Participate in the development of annual budgets to achieve business plan targets.
- Tracking, reporting, and analyzing of safety, quality, cost and delivery results.
- Demonstrate the highest level of commitment to continuous improvement initiatives by implementing cost effective processes and actively participating in the Canfor Operating System deployment strategies.
- Maintain positive relations with various stakeholders, the public and government agencies.
- Ensure all silviculture activities are conducted in compliance with legislation, and Canfor’s Safety Policy, SAFE Company certification, Environment Policy and Forest Management System.
- Providing and supporting a positive atmosphere for personal, professional and team development.
- ·Associated university degree or technical diploma with minimum 2 years forestry related experience.
- ·Current registration as an RFT, FIT or RPF with the Association of BC Forestry Professionals.
- ·Excellent knowledge of applicable BC forestry and related legislation and policies.
- ·Excellent communication skills, both written and oral as well as computer literacy in a Microsoft office environment, and other related forest industry software applications.
Hiring for this position is ongoing and will be filled as required. To be considered for this position, please apply today.
There has never been a better time to join the Canfor team and become part of the modern forest industry. We have a wide range of rewarding careers in some of the best communities in North America, with plenty of room for advancement. Our mills are modern, high-tech and safe; and our marketing and sales activities are world-class. We offer competitive compensation and benefits packages, and are committed to the professional development of our employees.Follow us on LinkedIn , Twitter , and Facebook for Canfor news, career opportunities, and upcoming events!Vanderhoof, BC
Take a scenic drive or flightseeing tour of the area which provides easy access to hiking, fishing, kayaking, canoeing, bird watching, and wilderness viewing. This is a perfect fit for those who love the outdoors! There is great opportunity to see the area’s wildlife, which includes moose, deer, cougar, bear, and elk.
For more information, visit http://canfor.com/our-company/our-communities/vanderhoof