Canfor is one of the world’s largest and most respected integrated forest products companies. For more than 75 years, we have been delivering top-quality lumber, pulp and paper products to our valued customers worldwide. With operations in Western Canada and the Southern United States, and sales offices around the world, you can find Canfor products in every corner of the globe. We are leaders in sustainable forest management and in converting wood residuals into green energy.
As we continue to grow our company and our markets, find out how you can grow your career with us.
Reporting to the Scaling Coordinator, Forest Management Group, the Scaling, Utilization, and Waste Residue Supervisor is responsible for delivering the scaling and waste programs throughout Canfor’s BC and Alberta Operations. This permanent position is within the Canfor Forest Management Group.
- Auditing of sample scales and log quality assessments.
- Participate in the development of annual budgets to achieve business plan targets.
- Ensure compliance with operational plans, company policies and legal requirements.
- Maintain a focus on achieving all targets set out in performance management systems.
- Demonstrate innovation by implementing efficiencies and cost savings through the Canfor Performance Management processes and Continuous Improvement Initiatives.
- Ensuring that all activities are conducted in compliance with Canfor’s, Environmental Policy, Forestry Principles, and Environmental Management System.
- Developing and delivering utilization and waste residue plan.
- Possess a strong work ethic and a high degree of professionalism as a Company representative.
- Experience in the assessment and delivery of the BC Waste and Residue program.
- Excellent leadership, communication and project management skills, with the ability to work within a team environment.
- Proficient in the use of computer and related software to forestry applications.
- A valid class 5 driver’s license.
- A University Degree or Technical Diploma with a minimum of 3 years of related forestry experience would be considered an asset.
- A current BC Scaling License is not a requirement but would be considered an asset for this position.
There has never been a better time to join the Canfor team and become part of the modern forest industry. We have a wide range of rewarding careers in some of the best communities in North America, with plenty of room for advancement. Our mills are modern, high-tech and safe; and our marketing and sales activities are world-class. We offer competitive compensation and benefits packages, and are committed to the professional development of our employees.Hiring for this position is ongoing and will be filled as required. To be considered for this position, please apply today.Follow us on LinkedIn , Twitter , and Facebook for Canfor news, career opportunities, and upcoming events!